New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hunts Minnows  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Harper

• IceShanty Rookie
Hunts Minnows
« on: Jan 22, 2022, 02:11 PM »
Anyone been able to find these at any bait shop in NY this year. Heard they will not be available.
Harper's Tip-Up Inn

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Hunts Minnows
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2022, 04:05 PM »
I heard the same about 3 weeks ago when I fished Schroon, lady said the guy is sick...
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline ihunts2much

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2022, 04:12 PM »
What are they? Never heard of them

Offline Glug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2022, 05:44 PM »
Type of shiner……silvery shiner maybe? Heard the same-provider got cancer.

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:48 PM »
Man that sucks. Blue nose work so much better than regular shiners. I stopped buying anything but blue nose once Hometown started selling them a couple years ago

Offline Harper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2022, 06:58 PM »
Sorry to hear that the guy that distributes these to NY is sick. Hope that he can make a recovery. These are my go to minnow. I have caught fish on these when everyone around me isn't. They are candy for Lakers and Walleye.
Harper's Tip-Up Inn

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2022, 05:03 AM »
The bait shop near me says he can’t get them because the guy had to throw out 3 ponds full in early December. Won’t have them for this year. I Have a feeling it’s all BS over money.
And then on top of that everyone is buying spikes mousies and waxies online along with all your jigs spoons and rods.

No wonder all the old time shop owner are getting fed up. Keep buying internet chit and we won’t have good places to get minnows.

buy local
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2022, 07:01 AM »
Poor guy has got cancer, lost 3 ponds worth of bait and cant make a buck because of the internet.... gotta love the IS rumor mill!
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:03 PM »
The bait shop near me says he can’t get them because the guy had to throw out 3 ponds full in early December. Won’t have them for this year. I Have a feeling it’s all BS over money.
And then on top of that everyone is buying spikes mousies and waxies online along with all your jigs spoons and rods.

No wonder all the old time shop owner are getting fed up. Keep buying internet chit and we won’t have good places to get minnows.

buy local
[/I got my spikes at lake side outfitters on Onieda $17 / 1000  He's got the best selection of tackle and equipment any where

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2022, 05:37 AM »
eastern silvery minnow and I heard the same thing one supplier for the state and no one in my area will be getting them, not many icicles (emeralds) around either by me my one guy got 40lbs this week thats it for the season

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2022, 05:43 AM »
Never heard of them either but we use fatheads they are hardy

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2022, 11:30 AM »
Poor guy has got cancer, lost 3 ponds worth of bait and cant make a buck because of the internet.... gotta love the IS rumor mill!

what does the internet have to do with him not making a buck? not trying to be a dick just generally curious as to what rumors as to where the hunts are this year have to do with him not making any money? every time im in the bait shop somebody asks about hunts so the demand is there. the bait shops know the demand is there. i dont see how ppl hypothesizing and comparing reasons for them not being available hurts the guy who supplies the baits. Where does the internet tie into him losing 3 ponds of fish due to the sh!tt!est disease on the planet?

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2022, 12:13 PM »
I can order hunts over the internet??? sign me up. Its free shipping over $25 lol. I wish

Offline beerbellybob106

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:08 PM »
Talked to the bait shop I go to today and he said the dealer told him that the window that dec allotted the guys netting them did not match up with when they were running and by the time the paperwork went through to adjust the time it was too late. Sounds like there will be some nice hunts for next year

Offline ECobb91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2022, 06:35 PM »
what does the internet have to do with him not making a buck? not trying to be a dick just generally curious as to what rumors as to where the hunts are this year have to do with him not making any money? every time im in the bait shop somebody asks about hunts so the demand is there. the bait shops know the demand is there. i dont see how ppl hypothesizing and comparing reasons for them not being available hurts the guy who supplies the baits. Where does the internet tie into him losing 3 ponds of fish due to the sh!tt!est disease on the planet?

That post was just sarcastically calling out another guy that said the reason is not because of cancer and just threw out some bs that it’s all financial reasons. Basically said that it’s all because bait shops can’t compete with the internet so old shop owners are just getting fed up and closing.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2022, 07:23 PM »
no hunt minnows i just came  from the  grocery store  not a steak in the store  i got the last lb of italian sausage  and there was no chicken   and only a few boxes of pasta .......i think we  got a lot of  supply problems   gentlemen

Offline HairyBagpipes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Crappie make me happy
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2022, 05:24 AM »

Sounds like a Country song. All he’s missing is a sick dog. I blame Ice Shanty, Al Gore and Brant Lake for the shortage of Hunts.
If you need me, I’ll be ripping Crappie lips on Brant Lake.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2022, 08:24 AM »
the great depression of 2021............no hunts minnows and no coffee  .......

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2022, 08:49 AM »
Bought some emeralds last week there was a few hunts mixed in with them

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2022, 08:52 AM »
the great depression of 2021............no hunts minnows and no coffee  .......
Maxwell House instant was non existent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.