Author Topic: MARCUM CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY WORK  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
MARCUM CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY WORK
« on: Nov 15, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Has anyone had any experience sending in their marcum to get fixed? If so how did you go about contacting them and how was your experience/costs? I have one M1 and one VX1 pro that have some issues. I already have a new Helix 7 that I’m using so these would just be for backup. I’m wondering if going through the trouble/money will be worth it.
I’m a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: MARCUM CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY WORK
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2021, 01:42 PM »
Has anyone had any experience sending in their marcum to get fixed? If so how did you go about contacting them and how was your experience/costs? I have one M1 and one VX1 pro that have some issues. I already have a new Helix 7 that I’m using so these would just be for backup. I’m wondering if going through the trouble/money will be worth it.

I had to send in my MX-7 last season due to some fogging inside the screen. I actually got in contact with them through the sales rep I use at Marine General. Marcum contacted me the same day and had me send it in. Had it fixed and sent back to me in less than a week. All at no cost to me (under warranty).

I have also contacted them via email and live chat, both with good and quick results.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2021, 01:49 PM »
Marcum has great customer service...often times at no charge.  That's my personal experience. :thumbsup:

They also have a site estimate page in addition to the contact page...

https://marcumtech.com/contact-us/
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Marcum has great customer service...often times at no charge.  That's my personal experience. :thumbsup:
^^^^^^
Mine too!  ;D
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Yep great service and often at no charge beyond warranty life, you cannot beat that.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2021, 09:53 AM »
Yup yup yup.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline SPIN 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2021, 10:12 AM »
Yup same I have camera that went bad after 2-3 years.warranty was up  no charge  I call that WICKED PISSAH service
More than 3 cars in my driveway when I get home ? Probably an intervention! I’m outta there!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2021, 12:37 PM »

If they are in decent shape…my guess would be that if you did fix them and then sell them…repairs would cost about 1/2 of what they’d be worth of the selling price. So worth the time and investment.

I don’t know what but I just love the Flasher units….doesn’t feel like ice fishing without one.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2021, 01:01 PM »
Ive had good experiences with Marcum customer service and turnaround times - I sent my LX5 in for the non-warranty $95 service to just check/replace the brushes and motor, as I noticed some bouncing towards the end of last season. Quick turnaround time and responsive when I had questions.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Just had my unit sent in and it's being shipped back to me today all tuned up.  Go on there website and click non warranty under support.  You can see how much it costs for each unit. Submit the order online and then ship in just the head unit, transducer and power cable.

Mine would stop reading past 10FOW after about an hour of use - they replaced the motor, brushes and power cable on mine all for the $95 tune up fee. Upon receiving it, it was repaired in 3-4 business days which really impressed me. Figured they would be swamped right now and be a week or two. Perfect timing with lakes freezing up all around MN.

Offline helimpd124

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2021, 07:55 AM »
As others have said my experience was excellent. My lx6 wouldn't update so I sent it in to them and they repaired the board inside and replaced the transducer at no charge.

I contacted their customer service via email if I remember correct it's been a couple years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.