Author Topic: Outsunny Ice Hubs  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
Outsunny Ice Hubs
« on: Nov 25, 2021, 03:51 PM »
I have a one man flip over shelter made by Clam and am very happy with it. I bought it from Home Depot and got free delivery last season, so today I went back on the Home Depot site to see what they had in stock as far as ice hubs as I wanted something for fishing with Friends. I was looking for a Clam product, but all of the Clam and Eskimo ice shelters are out of stock on the Home Depot site.

However they have a whole bunch of ice hubs made by a company called Outsunny, for what seem to be very low prices in comparison to Clam or Eskimo.

I even went on to the Outsunny website and some of their product descriptions say "Clam" on them, although they clearly are not the Clam Brand.

Anyone ever used any of these Outsunny products? They make ALL kinds of different stuff, but had never heard of them before today.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: Outsunny Ice Hubs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2021, 04:47 PM »
So you looked these hubs over while there? How did the quality look? Blue in color like Clam? I ask because it's possible that they were wholesaled to Outsunny by Clam because of some minor flaws that didn't pass Clams QC standards. Last year I bought a "Ferret" brand off Amazon that I put side by side with an Eskimo and could tell no difference. It was half the price. And I have found nothing wrong  with it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2021, 06:11 AM »
No sir, I just saw them online, they make red, blue and black ones in all shapes and sizes.

I would be more apt to guess this company makes the ice hubs for Clam "and maybe others" than I would that Clam makes them and this company gets their seconds, but that is purely speculation.

Just was curious if anyone had used one and if they were junk or not. The prices seem too good to be true, which usually means it is lol

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:20 AM »
What's the return policy ..if the price is right and its an easily returned to the store w/o hassle ie local Home Depot ..could be a deal or a stinker if a stinker return it.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:26 AM »
I took a peek at them via the web ..it would be a pass for me ..because of the flat wall design..wide bottom is a much better choice .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:35 AM »
Did some research...appears Outsunny is Aosam Corp; a nationwide company that buys many brands at a discount, and sells them via their name or rebranded. A lot of Outsunny outdoor products thru various retailers....
So those shelters just may be Clam or Eskimo......their return policy looks pretty darned good, too...after looking, I'd give one a whirl.  :)

https://www.aosom.com/page/about-us-home
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:51 AM »
I checked them as well. Doesn't seem like too bad of a deal. 300D insulated is the norm. But I also found one on Amazon that is called Kazinski...exactly as the Ferret I told you about...similar to Eskimo. $170. I would buy it again...no hesitation.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2021, 09:55 AM »
You buy and try...we'll stand by.    ;D

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:15 AM »
I would have already bought one if they had a "thermal" option lol

The only time I would use a hub is overnight or at least late night excursions for Crappies or Walleye with a buddy. Thermal is really nice for that, I love my thermal one man flip over...

That black 4 person one is so tempting though, we will see. Really had my eyes on a Clam C-560...

I have a $150 gift certificate to Home Depot, hence my desire to get it from them...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:40 AM »
My head is spinning ..between the Home Depot product tile page not matching the description and/or the pictures .. Could always pull up the chat and speak with HD CS .

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:51 AM »
Tell me about it! LOL

This is the one that caught my attention, it says it is "insulated", but not sure what that means, the product descriptions are so awful lol

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Outsunny-4-Person-Ice-Fishing-Shelter-Insulated-Waterproof-Portable-Pop-Up-Ice-Tent-with-2-Doors-for-Outdoor-Fishing-in-Black-AB1-001BK/318726579

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2021, 10:58 AM »
Tell me about it! LOL

This is the one that caught my attention, it says it is "insulated", but not sure what that means, the product descriptions are so awful lol

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Outsunny-4-Person-Ice-Fishing-Shelter-Insulated-Waterproof-Portable-Pop-Up-Ice-Tent-with-2-Doors-for-Outdoor-Fishing-in-Black-AB1-001BK/318726579

go to this page and look lower right to choose live chat to clear things up maybe ..may have to open another tab for the product details..if you do bring the item back back..could be cash on the return maybe inquire about that as well

https://www.homedepot.com/c/customer_service?mtc=SEM-B-F_Brand-B-Multi-Multi-Multi-NA-NA-ETA-NA-NA-THD_BT2_Resources&cm_mmc=SEM-B-F_Brand-B-Multi-Multi-Multi-NA-NA-ETA-NA-NA-THD_BT2_Resources-71700000002467509-58700000049527162-43700003833940798----&gclid=d0174c1da24f166761612dbcb34a5c20&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=d0174c1da24f166761612dbcb34a5c20

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:23 AM »
Ah, they're all probably made by Wu Ching Industries, LTD. Read some of the run-on sentences and spelling...

:pinch:

KAZINSKI

KAZINSKI Portable 3 Person Ice Fishing Tent Insulated Ice Fishing Shelter Thermal Ice Fishing Shanty with Insulated Layer Very Perfect for Ice Fishing
Item #: 43132848

CFA125409
Order now and get it around Friday, December 10
Availability In stock
Material Type
300D Fully Insulated
Size
3 Person
Qty

ADD TO CART

Product Details

Pop-up design: Push-Pull construction design can make it easily and quickly set-up and a take-down. With a fully set-up size of this ice fishing shelter is 5.9ft L x 5.9ft W x 6.8ft H, which can perfectly fit for 3 person for ice fishing.
Warm and windproof design: 300D high density water and wind resistance oxford fabric performs excellent on windbreaks. Comparing with non-insulated shelter, insulated layer design with double sewing skirt which can enhance 40% heated retention also against chilly ice weather.
An unbreakable ice fishing shelter: Selecting durable 11mm fiberglass with build in heavy-duty material is sewn over corner joints for reinforcement, that, can keep shelter extremely stable under very strong breeze. The equipped ice anchor rope and in-skirt ice anchor grommets, which can completely make it stay even under windy condition.
Humanization design: Equipped PVC removable window panel and air hole can adjust your shelter's ventilation and external environmental vision. Also, reflective sticker design can easily point out where shelter position even under darkness. fishing gear or accessories handy & out of the bottom of water.

Offline Peninsula

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2021, 11:32 AM »
go to this page and look lower right to choose live chat to clear things up maybe ..may have to open another tab for the product details..if you do bring the item back back..could be cash on the return maybe inquire about that as well

https://www.homedepot.com/c/customer_service?mtc=SEM-B-F_Brand-B-Multi-Multi-Multi-NA-NA-ETA-NA-NA-THD_BT2_Resources&cm_mmc=SEM-B-F_Brand-B-Multi-Multi-Multi-NA-NA-ETA-NA-NA-THD_BT2_Resources-71700000002467509-58700000049527162-43700003833940798----&gclid=d0174c1da24f166761612dbcb34a5c20&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=d0174c1da24f166761612dbcb34a5c20

After speaking with Home Depot customer service online, they believe the black one I was most interested in is not insulated as it claims to be in the description.

Figures LOL

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2021, 01:14 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.