Author Topic: Pike q and a  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pike q and a
« on: Jan 31, 2018, 05:36 PM »
What power rod and lb test line is everyone fishing for Pike and what are some good lures to try?

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pike q and a
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2018, 01:35 AM »
Northland Magnum Airplane Jigs and the largest size Lindy Darter in white are my personal favorites.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Pike q and a
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2018, 12:31 AM »
It's ice fishing...so my Jigging rods, depends on my lures.  Choose medium, medium heavy, and heavy power rods.

Line: anywhere from 6# all the way to 50#.  Just depends on what I really want to try to catch.

Northland Magnum Airplane Jigs are awesome.

Spoons - so many good choices. Acme Kastmasters and Mepps Syclops have been some of my favorites.  The list is rather extensive.

Jigs - just about any bass jigs with a nice paddle tail or curly tail soft plastics.  Cheap and fast are Northland Mimic Minnows.  I don't know what is it about these, but they've always worked for me.

Lipless cranks - Rattle Traps, the original works.  But so many available now.  I have some Spro Prime vib cranks in 4" that have a lazy wobble that works at times.

Jigging sticks Like the old Storm Fluttersticks can work.  Rapala Xrap Subwalk.  These are open water jerking sticks of the sort, but they sink and dart when jigged in the vertical position.  Nice alternative to traditional methods.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.