The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: hell creek  (Read 8045 times)

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: hell creek
« Reply #60 on: Jun 11, 2021, 04:39 PM »
How quick do those rooms get booked up? I'm thinking about getting something lined up for Hell Creek next winter and not sure if I should be calling now or if I already missed the boat?

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jun 12, 2021, 05:50 AM »
all you peckers out there.never fished peck i am boatless now any place to shore fish for smallies?
fish till it hurts then fish some more

Offline R-K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Aug 28, 2021, 10:20 AM »
Better question- does anybody rent fishing boats on Ft. Peck? Was hoping for something around the dam, I'd be open to other options as well. Google isn't exactly being helpful on this, though.
Trying to stay on the right side of the ground, and the ice.

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Aug 30, 2021, 03:51 PM »
thanks R-K you may be right

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Sep 17, 2021, 01:51 PM »
How quick do those rooms get booked up? I'm thinking about getting something lined up for Hell Creek next winter and not sure if I should be calling now or if I already missed the boat?

I've got a cabin in February booked and will be taking the machine with me - if anyone has any "tips/ideas/dont forgets" I am all ears.

Don't need specifics, but how far from the marina do guys typically go? Do most of the bays/fingers fish generally the same? This will be the first time on Peck in hardwater. Hoping we can get into some decent sized walleye and maybe a bonus pike or 2. Just trying to figure out a good gameplan (or 2 or 3) ahead of time. I understand protecting the fishery, so if you'd rather PM me thats cool too.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Oct 04, 2021, 07:36 PM »
Better question- does anybody rent fishing boats on Ft. Peck? Was hoping for something around the dam, I'd be open to other options as well. Google isn't exactly being helpful on this, though.

Clint has a couple he rents at Hell Creek.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Oct 04, 2021, 07:38 PM »
all you peckers out there.never fished peck i am boatless now any place to shore fish for smallies?

Yup.  There are a few rock points in Hell Creek that hold them.  Use Google Earth to find them and have fun.

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Oct 05, 2021, 03:55 AM »
thank you sir!

Offline missoulaicebeerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Oct 09, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Hey all!  Looking forward to seeing everyone again in February!  Doing 11 days again.  Thats the perfect amount of time for this guy as i don't feel rushed to get everything I want to get accomplished.  Got a new side x side and will be sticking out the tipups as always, but i'm definitely going to be focusing on jigging for lakers in the day and walleye in the evening,.  After the crew left last year and my side x side blew up I stayed in the bay and was really surprised by the walleye success I was getting myself into within 3 miles of the marina.  Used a medium-light 36" Haat rod for the first time last season on the walleye, so I picked up a heavy 46" Haat rod for lakers.  Looking forward to bending it on the ice.  Hope everyone is having a great off season.  -Cheers

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.