New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Hudson River (Alcove Marina & Pub) Ice Fishing Tournament - Jan. 28th  (Read 2382 times)

camo_fish

When:  Saturday, January 28, 2006   
Time:  7am - 2pm
Where:  Alcove Marina & Pub
Located: On Rt. 4 - 1 mile south of Schuyerville  or  7 miles north of Stillwater 

Entry Fee:  $15 early Entry (must be received by Jan. 25)   or
                $25 at the door (day of tourney)

Make checks payable to:  Alcove Marina & Pub
mailed to: Alcove Marina & Pub
              886 Rt. 4
              South Schuylerville, NY 12871
With: Name, Age, Mailing Address, and Phone number

Prizes:  Biggest Pike of the Day: $200                Biggest Pike each hour: $25
           Biggest Crappie of the Day: $75             Biggest Crappie each hour: $15

Numerous Door Prizes

Hot food and drinks available all day with a $3 breakfast buffet from 5am - 8am

camo_fish

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
;)

Count me in. I'll be on the Sac by the time Sherry gets home for work. I'll leave her instructions for sending a check for pre-registration and etc. I'll PM you re: bait 'n stuff, and where to meet. 8)
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

camo_fish

not sure if I'll make it or not.  :-\
I was posting for a friend at work that works at the pub. She was handing them out at work.
But, it sounds like a nice little tourney, all you got to do is catch a nice one for each hour and you got your money back.
I imagine that only the cove is frozen there and if anyone goes, I would more than happy help them out as to where the channel runs thru there.  ;D

Offline Mogwhy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you can't find them keep drilling!!!!!!!!!!!
I have fished there a couple of times and the channel that I have found is at most six to eight feet deep. Camo, am I missing the spot I need to be?  I have caught a couple of nice pike but no monsters.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
there's a hole back in the cove that is around 17 or 18 feet deep, but the rest of it is quite shallow...as far as big pike go though, they are in there.

I'm not too keen on river ice, though, moving water doesn't freeze so good :-\

Offline Camp Bassfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Baaaaa Baaaaa
Where are we talking about for this?

Offline CD_cantbassfish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • In - Mate #000068
there's a hole back in the cove that is around 17 or 18 feet deep, but the rest of it is quite shallow...as far as big pike go though, they are in there.

Big Red why you fibbing to these nice people.You know theres no fish in there ;).Just little dinky fish.Honest.Little teeeny tiny minners only.Crappy ice too.Shoooooooo now and go find some BIG fish at Toga or Lonely.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i heard from a guy last week that one of the bars there is closed and the field where everyone parks is posted now. how is that going to affect things? 
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

camo_fish

well, with the marina/pub running it, there is your access. So I don't think there is going to be a problem getting on the ice in the cove, just a little longer walk if you want to get out closer to the main river.  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.