New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: vexilar info  (Read 1831 times)

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
vexilar info
« on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:17 PM »
just got back from trying some pm fishing as i noticed b4 my vexfl18 gets allcluttered up after dark  so much clutter that i cant find my lure my buddy also had the same problem with his fl8 when i got away from the lantern i could use mine the only thing i could come up with is plakton coming to the light anyone else have this happen? any comments would be apprecciated!! bassman79 ;D :tipup:
work is for people who dont fish!!!!!

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
Re: vexilar info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:30 PM »
we were having trouble in 30 ft of h2o over in our other spot 17ft there was no problem we thought maybe baitfish but that seemed to be unreasonable yes i forget to mention we tried all modes of power and gain all the way down which does clear up with low power but when u turn gain up to see the lure clutter comes back bassman 79 ;D

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:55 PM »
big school of fish maybe?
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:06 PM »
i wish it was noel but they dont leave or bite!!!!but thet sure do suck when you cant find your lure!!! bassman 79 ;D ;D ;D

Offline wnybassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Double Stuff Oreos! . . . . . . Got Cookies?
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:21 PM »
but they dont leave or bite!!!!

Oh, you didn't say you were on Silver.  LOL!!   ;D

Seems odd that the gain didn't get rid of the clutter though   ???
"'I ain't broke, but brother, I'm badly bent"- Stiff Dead Cat

MySpace

Offline Trapper1196

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:26 PM »
are there springs in the lake could be air bubbles ive seen this happen on my Fl8se some times it comes and goes some times it just comes and stays........Tight lines :tipup:

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:48 PM »
try scooping out the hole. :roflmao:

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline Dacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2006, 11:11 PM »
If you were fishing shallow it's sort of a power problem, if I recall....you need something called an S cable (fairly inexpensive) to, in effect, reduce the power and allow it to read properly....I have that same situation in shallow water at times...

Offline Bartel Rd. Bait & Tackle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2006, 11:29 PM »
the s cable will help with the fl8 but the lp setting on the 18 already do's that. by chance are you and you're buddy useing both vex's near each other? that would solve the issue if not the plankton thing make's sense.
if you or a buddy has a camera i'd love to hear what you find when you drop it down the hole at the same time. keep us posted and I'll try some stuff with my 18 to see if I can help
Local Shop with Local Knowledge

Phone   (315) 676-2144
Website  https://www.facebook.com/BartelRdBaitTackle

Offline Chainsaw

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2006, 01:31 AM »
      I'd read,(somewhere on this board), that the Vex 18s do that 'Proximity Interference' thing when they're running at the same time near each other. The post was written as a comparison between Vexilar FL-18s and the Marcum-LX3, and pretty much made me decide to order the Marcum-LX3, Which I hope will be arriving today.
      I have the older FL-8 Vex and have had minimal problems with interference but the report said it was worse with the new FL-18s, and that the Marcum was a somewhat better performing unit. The Marcum's other selling point was that it's made in AMERICA.
     Sherry is a Sportsmans Guide Club member and they had the Marcum LX-3 on sale for like $299+ plus shipping. Good luck, safe ice, and "...tight Lions." ;D :tipup: ;D
All folks follow Chainsaws first law of diminishing enthusiasm, "Ya just hafta want to do some things more than others."

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Fl18 ten channels to stop interference, Check you cables to the back of the fish finder. If not, believe your eyes its marking something.
Reminds me of a story. USA navy is doing training exercises and a aircraft is signaled, you are off course, change you direction.
The Capitan states Iam a aircraft carrier Iam bigger you move, The first signal response Iam a light house.
Sometimes ya gotta change your paradigm,
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2006, 05:15 PM »
i noticed mine doing that once in awhile, and if i turned it off and then turned it back on again it went away. don't know why. things that make you go hmmm!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2006, 05:29 PM »
sometimes turning the unit off and unplugging the battery works. I  have noticed the same thing crappie fishing at night. Ussually didnt annoy me too much because when I saw the planktoon coming in a new the fishing was slowing down so id pack up and go home :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2006, 06:23 PM »
sent an email to vexilar and they confirmed my thoughts but advised to fish that area and watch for fish as this would indicate a productive area for panfish which i would assume includes crappie which is what i target after dark thanx to all who tried to help me with this bassman79 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.