New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: WANTED: partner for Silver Lake Trap ATTACK !!!  (Read 4703 times)

Offline geckoinmypants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • YOU WANNA CATCH WHAT ?????
WANTED: partner for Silver Lake Trap ATTACK !!!
« on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Well I'm in need of a partner again for the Silver Lake trap attack. Any one interested reply here, or email me at [email protected]'ve got the hardware, just need someone whom wants to possibly share $10,000 for a good morning of fishing. Feel free to ask me anything, I fished it last year, strait to the top this year !!!

$25,000 up for grabs

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: WANTED: partner for Silver Lake Trap ATTACK !!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:45 PM »
You wantta pay for the gas for me to drive out there ??? lol when is it this year?
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • perch,crappie,w alleye,steelhea d,northern,etc.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2006, 08:03 PM »
feb 4 and 5 this topic will get something going again

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:15 PM »
Hey Gecko,

I fished the tournament last year also, it was a blast and well worth the trip, it blows any local tournaments away! so if anyone wants to team up with Gecko I would highly recommend it, its a great experience, I cant wait!

goodluck to you  :tipup:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Gecko how good of a fisherman do you consider yourself?  I was going to enter last year but its such a drive for me at 14 mpg in my old beater truck :) a couple hundred to enter the tourney and onother 100 or so for gas wow thats an expensive 4 hours of fishing
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline geckoinmypants

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:38 PM »
Thanks Ozzy, it was a great time last year. I found a great partner last year on here, unfortunately he can't do it this year so who's in ?????

Offline geckoinmypants

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Fishking last year we met guys whom drove over 20 hrs. to fish the tourney, If it's alot of money, enjoy your local water and buy yourself a new auger or vex and save the cash. But if you wanna blow some cash on a fun weekend, come on up and stay the weekend. I'm willing to fish with anyone who's got the gear, their half of the enterance fee, and might wanna enjoy some cold ones the night before.

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2006, 10:01 PM »
Well like i said i wanted to do it last year but i wanted to enter to win :) Though one could easially figure that lake out in one day  since its so small.  Whats the entry fee again  now you got me thinking lol
about 70 bucks for gas round trip isnt too bad.
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Don't do it FK!  ::)

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2006, 10:37 PM »
not planning on it just curious how muc hthe IT guys are ripping poor fisherman to fish for 4 hours lol
Loose Lips Sink Ships

hali-man

« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:08 AM »
Though one could easially figure that lake out in one day  since its so small.

Ain't that the truth!   :woot: 

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:12 AM »
not planning on it just curious how muc hthe IT guys are ripping poor fisherman to fish for 4 hours lol

How do you figure that ICETEAM is ripping people off??  It is up to the contestants whether they want to pay the entry fee or not.  The pay out is 80% with the other 20% held over for the NAIFC.  "Iceteam" does not make any money on this tournament, in fact it cost them money to put this circuit on.  If you think this would be such an easy lake to pattern, spend the $200.00 or so and come win $10,000. 

Oh yeah one more thing, read up on the Trap Attack and get your info straight, its not a 4 hour tournament for starters.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

hali-man

« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:29 AM »
I wish there was a "Biting Tongue" smiley!  :whistle:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:37 AM »
SOrry i dont mean to be ripping IT. I just feel that 200 bucks or so is alot of money to spend for little time of fishing, but theres the chance of winning a few bucks. Somewhere last year thought I read that the fishing windows was only 4 hours long. From what I remember though there was alot of misinformation floating around about the tourney.

Good Luck too everyone that enters
Loose Lips Sink Ships

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #14 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:49 AM »
I wish there was a "Biting Tongue" smiley!  :whistle:

Are you drawing blood from biting your tongue yet Hali?...lol  :P

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 03, 2006, 08:57 AM »
Hali, You know we are in different corners on this one, but you crack me up - bite my tongue icon. Now that's funny. Figure it out in a day - it is a small lake. Can't win a grand on the Super Bowl by betting a half a buck either.
I really think it's anyone's tourney. Geckoinmypants, I hope someone steps up to the plate and you get a partner. If I hear of anyone around here, I'll get in touch.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline scott14580

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
« Reply #16 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:02 AM »
 Entry fee: 220.00 per team
 Fishing time: 8am-1pm
 Banging your head on the ice after finishing 86th out of 150 teams..............PRI CELESS!!!!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:04 AM »
LMAO  :roflmao:

Offline butterworm

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • the presidents office.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:27 AM »
i'll be his partner. as long as you are aloud depth charges for bait cause nothing else
works on that lake ;D

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:38 AM »
In general,  where in NY is silver lake?

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Out west pikeman.

Offline scott14580

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
« Reply #21 on: Jan 03, 2006, 09:50 AM »
Perry, 50min sw of Rochester.

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I might need a partner as well but I'm not sure,  We finished 35 last year but only due to poor choices.
   We decided to get the gills first [which we had easily] but our perch hole was mobbed afterward and we couldn't get within 100' of the spot, therefore I failded to get any perch over 7''.
  Not this year!!!!!    ???
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

hali-man

« Reply #23 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Not this year!!!!!

I wish you the best, S!
That would be awesome!!!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #24 on: Jan 03, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Well like i said i wanted to do it last year but i wanted to enter to win :) Though one could easily figure that lake out in one day  since its so small.  Whats the entry fee again  now you got me thinking lol
about 70 bucks for gas round trip isnt too bad.
Hope this is a joke, one day to finger out Silver?????? Iam laughing, sure some of those big travelers were not.
Good luck to ya I like confidence.
God bless the queen mother of skunking lakes!!!!!!!!!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:09 PM »
knew that this topic would get some possitive and negative responses i wonder why they dont try another lake that has a little bite mor area like chautaqua or onieda if they are trying to be more towards cny

Offline geckoinmypants

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Hali,
       iv'e read your posts and I think what you stand for is noble. I feel the same way about the posting of Irodequoit Creek every year in the NY fish and Game magazine as a hot spot. And to tell you the truth the fishing on the creek has gotten better. I had a great summer fishing on Silver off my boat, and thought the fishing was better this year for me than in the past. 

Im not trying to start a big feud here, only trying to find a partner for the tourney for which I enjoyed participating in last year. Yes, it's alot of money. Yes, it's a hard lake to fish. Yes, there will be alot of great ice fishermen there. And Yes anyone can win !!!!!So if you don't wanna drop the cash or fish the tourney, start a new thread and voice your opinion about how your old truck gets bad gas milage(this is not a stab at you fishking my new ford f150 gets worse gas milage than your old truck) or how dynamite should be a legal means of ice fishing.   

So if you got the cash, gear, and desire to win email me !!!

Peace

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2006, 04:38 PM »
I am sorry i didnt mean to hijack the post. THe gas mileage thing thats why i still drive the old beast 78 chevy 3/4 ton inline 6 cost me $400 wacked 2 deer at 40 mpg (no damage) and manages to get 14-15mpg at the moment. :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships

Offline iceman1603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:14 PM »
weathr ya wanna listen or not this is my peice of the puzzle.  I was gecko's partner last year and unfortunately we to made bad choices come tourney time.  He is a good fisherman and he knows that lake real good.  I on the other hand drove 3 1/2 hours to me him so I could fish the tourney with him.  You dont have to figure out the lake in 1 day either.  friday and saturday are traditional prefishing days.  Even if ya dont win i think it is money well spent and time spent with the folks tht made the sport what it is is well worht the 300 i spent on the whole thing.

just me peice
gecko thanks again for the oppertunity and hopefully next year we can try again.

iceman
Only the chosen few will walk on water.

Offline deerslayer92163

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2006, 10:14 PM »
weathr ya wanna listen or not this is my peice of the puzzle.  I was gecko's partner last year and unfortunately we to made bad choices come tourney time.  He is a good fisherman and he knows that lake real good.  I on the other hand drove 3 1/2 hours to me him so I could fish the tourney with him.  You dont have to figure out the lake in 1 day either.  friday and saturday are traditional prefishing days.  Even if ya dont win i think it is money well spent and time spent with the folks tht made the sport what it is is well worht the 300 i spent on the whole thing.

just me peice
gecko thanks again for the oppertunity and hopefully next year we can try again.

iceman

i dont know why you would travel that far to donate your cash if you have that much money donate it to the red cross im sure were ever you are you could catch fish this is a small fishery and shouldnt be exploited like it has been for the last 2 yrs from people from 4 different states why not pick a bigger body of water what are they scared they might be beat out of there presious money

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.