Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1625858 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #24990 on: Oct 10, 2021, 05:56 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 53* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Wally........Yes....Gr andpa made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. :flex:
                             Marv.........Thanks for the video, there sure are a lot of different animals running around up there. :thumbsup:
                             Eddie........It's to bad the reports were not in your favor, maybe next week. :unsure: How was the weeny roast and smores? ???
                             Bud..........Hopefully this house works out. :unsure:
                             H2l...........I'm glad you got your boat in for winterizing. :flex: I do mine myself. :whistle:
                             Steve........I'll be on leaf duty later today. :woot:
                             I've been invited to the neighbors this morning to watch the Jets playing in England, and brunch. The game starts at 9:30.
                             I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #24991 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looking like a repeat of yesterday’s weather here today, cloudy and 53* high of 60.

Marv…thanks for sharing another excellent video, enjoyed that!    You’re probably right about that warm weather, hopefully cooler temperatures will arrive for your hunting trip. We’ll be anxiously waiting the next few days out with you…best of luck!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  Bud…you know I’m kind of fond of brick houses… ;D….sounds like a nice place! Hope your offer is accepted if you’re pursuing that one…best of luck!   :thumbsup:   How were those ribs?   ;D
  Steve…what a heartbreaking story about that little child. Sadly, one can only hope the maximum charges they face will stick.  :%$#!:    I kind of screwed up getting my hunting licenses late this year, missed the deadline for applying for Doe permits. Will get one chance yet though, on Nov. 1st, excess permits will be available on a first come first served basis, so, still got a chance at one.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…enjoy the brunch and game today!  :clap: :thumbsup:    My youngest son and a buddy went up to the river yesterday and spent the night. They got into a few. Believe they’re fishing until noon today, mentioned it was crazy busy as expected.

We passed on the fire last evening, some of the family was more interested in watching a movie instead, lol. Maybe this afternoon as a few of the kids will be by.
  The Fall colors are really showing themselves here, seeing some really exceptional views driving around. That can only mean one thing…the ice season is getting closer each passing day!    ;D :tipup:
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24992 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:30 AM »
Quick post before I go back to work on the new blind. We got rained off on Friday so we did not get the rubber roof put on it. My nephew from Va has more energy than me so he keeps me hopping getting materials to him. I need to get the blind closed up so he can do what he came to Michigan for. BOW HUNT!

Bud So sorry hearing about the loss of your brother.
You just can not catch a break on finding a house. With the prices that houses are going for everyone seems to think all of them are worth big $$$, even if they need a lot of work.

Marv There are some good eater bucks on the video. I wonder where that big buck went to? I prefer the little ones as they are way better eating. I have tried to eat some big ones that should have been totally ground into burger. Hopefully, the bears hang around for you if you can get a tag next year. I would be 100 years old before I could draw a tag where I want to hunt in Michigan

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24993 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:59 AM »
53* and cloudy this morning.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes. We had a great dinner.
Yesterday I rode to Gloversville with the wife so she could get her Covid test before the trip to NYC on Thursday. Then we went to Lindsay's where I picked up her car and Rocky and came home, they went shopping. Rocky and Scout played too hard, Scout had a pretty good limp last night, she seems much better this morning.
Eddie, if the guy at bowling went up to he river, I will get you a report.
WW, everyone I have talked to that fish this lake are saying "lots of small" Walleyes this year.
WS, another great "production", thanks....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24994 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

62 and clear, should make it to70 by the afternoon.

Bud.....The county is Burnett. During rifle season you still see groups of 6-10 especially late in the season.

IW....Enjoy the visit with the neighbors and the game :thumbsup:

Eddie... A couple of the land owners around me have some nice corn fields planted for the deer. I am sure that is drawing them away. Once the chase starts the activity will pick up. Enjoy the fire if you make one this afternoon :thumbsup:

TT.....Hope you post a picture of your stand once completed. It sounds pretty nice :thumbsup:

Nothing much planned today. I have some meals to make for shack. I have everything laid out so will load the truck with some stuff.

Hope you all have  good Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24995 on: Oct 10, 2021, 08:09 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....enjoy the game, brunch and company  :thumbsup:

H2L....all the "small ones" are a good omen for the future  ;)2  glad Scout is doing better today  :clap:

WS.....don't forget to pack the bug spray  ;)

TT.....good luck getting the blind finished up  :flex:

Eddie....beautiful fall day to be outside, enjoy the fire  :thumbsup:

MrC.....such a sad life and death for that little boy  :'(   those to blame should be sentenced to the same fate  >:(

Got the lawn mowed/leaves chopped Friday after fishing, ground is covered with leaves already after yesterday's windy conditions  ::) power washed the deck and half the back side of the house yesterday, other half on the agenda today  :flex:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24996 on: Oct 10, 2021, 06:24 PM »
Evening all, 66° and clear here, it was 83 earlier.

Finally got to do some fishing. We didn't do great, but it was nice to be out after almost 2 months off the water. I ended up boating a couple suckers, a couple small catfish, and a rock bass. Little man got a couple little cats and a bluegill, so he was happy.

The water was still quite low, temp was 70-72° so I can't imagine any icing anytime in the next 4-6 weeks unless the weather takes a very drastic turn.

ww - leaves started dropping like crazy here yesterday, too.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24997 on: Oct 11, 2021, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Broadcasting live from the ICE Detention Facility parking lot, lol.
  Just a quick hello, hit the floor running this am…one of those days  :o
   Cawfee’s still hot!   ;D
Happy Columbus Day!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24998 on: Oct 11, 2021, 06:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are well. Hey finally some cooler weather will be here later this week.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #24999 on: Oct 11, 2021, 06:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 53* and clear here on my hill. ::) Happy Columbus Day!
                             Eddie.........Even I over slept this morning. :woot:
                             Wally........The leaves have been falling here as well, and the colors have real brightened up in the last 2 days. :whistle:
                             Zcm.........I'm glad you were able to get out on the river. :thumbsup:
                             H2l..........I hope you have a safe trip to the city. :flex:
                             Marv........Good luck at "The Shack" :thumbsup:
                             Yesterday morning I headed to the neighbors for football and brunch. The woman is a diehard Jets fan and football as well. She really
                   gets into the games, knows all the players and stats. Not only that she get really going vocally about the plays and calls. They invited me back
                   for the Giants game and dinner. I had to go after the early game and do leaves.
                             I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25000 on: Oct 11, 2021, 06:45 AM »
53* and foggy.
ZCM, thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Glad you got out and had a good time.
Eddie, you made a good call on not going to the river. Rich said it was a ZOO and no one was catching. He had 3 hook-ups all day. He blames it on the water temp being high, upper 60's.
The bowling team loss 3 of 4 last night, we ran into one HOT team. I bowled 68 pins over my avg for the night but one of our girls bowled 80 below hers. I won the 50/50.

My brother said if we don't get a couple frost soon the ticks are going to be real bad in the woods early season.

Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25001 on: Oct 11, 2021, 07:02 AM »
Morning all,

WS......best wishes to MrsWS with tomorrow's surgery, may all go smoothly  ;)

H2L....sounds like a rough night on the alley  :(

Zcm.....glad you and your son were finally able to get on the water, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....hope your day isn't spent rushing to catch up all day  :nono:

IW.....football and leaves, sounds like the perfect fall day  :thumbsup:

Finished power washing the back side of the house then hopped on the mower and chopped leaves again  :flex:  think today will be a day of rest  ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25002 on: Oct 11, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Good morning, sixty degrees heading to seventy one overcast sky and five to ten mph winds. I did receive a little rain on Sunday. Limited details released yet to news /media there was a helicopter crash yesterday afternoon in neighboring town of Cornwall,NY. near Storm King mountain the pilot (Sole occupant of copter) was killed in the crash.
Eddie due you have clearance to be broadcasting from the Ice detention center.  ;D Did you have have the fire and weenie roast this weekend. Best of luck to you in obtaining one of the excess doe permits.
Ice wanderer your neighbor must have been yelling at her TV I watched part of the game  next the best outing for the Jets. may you get a couple days break before needing to rake leaves again or use Wallyworld's method for dealing with them.
Hunts2long may scout have recovered from his play date with Rocky. may you have a safe trip to NYC on Thursday you will notice the difference in leaf color change progression as you travel on he thruway. May things go better for your bowling team next Sunday.
Wallyworld Enjoy the day of rest after spending the weekend doing property maintenance. has Mr.WW done any bow hunting yet this season.
Whopper Stopper may all go well with your wife's cataract surgery tomorrow. Did you get all the meals prepared for your hunting trip. Hopefully some of the bigger buycks move from the corn fields to your hunting area.
Zcm-28 glad water level on the river was high enough for you to take the boat out and do some fishing with your son. Thank you for posting the photos.
Tomturkey hope the weather cleared up and your nephew and you have the blind closed in and now nephew can do some bow hunting before he returns to virginia.
IFF best you on closing the purchase of home you have the offer on or finding another home to purchase.
Badger132 how did the perch survey go this past Friday. Have you and your friend made plans to reschedule the hunting trip.
Fish/hunt4ever looking forward to report on your elk hunting trip. I hope you and the family had a good time on the mountain and another elk was harvested  besides the one your daughter took earlier in the week.

Have a safe and good Columbus Day. best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25003 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:08 AM »
Well this weekend said goodbye to Indian summer. For the perch survey, I woke up to a truck that would not start, so I was late getting to the launch. That was OK, because the boat motor was also running poorly. We were only able to pull 1 net before we had to head in and leave the rest for the other boat. We caught a few perch, but mainly other fish- the most surprising were the huge suckers. The rest of the netting went about the same as last year, they will be crunching the data and publishing this winter. Got home yesterday and pulled the starter- PITA! Had to make a custom length extension to get the last bolt out. Can't have that thing deciding not to start when it is below zero this winter.
Steve: We have not rescheduled yet- if things go well this week, we will look at it, but it has been snowing in the mountains, and we might need a snowmobile to get over the pass by the time we are ready to go. Not sure a guy with health issues should get that far from medical care.
The Packers were playing in 80 degrees yesterday, so it is still a while before first ice. Hope your teams did well also!

:tipup:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25004 on: Oct 11, 2021, 10:41 AM »
28F and sunny at the cabin.
Waiting for the frost to melt before pulling the dock for the winter.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #25005 on: Oct 11, 2021, 10:50 AM »
That must be a sad day!!! :'(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25006 on: Oct 11, 2021, 11:13 AM »
Only thing left on the plate for the rest of the day, is word we are still on for a closing the 14th and a trip to vet, for Jake

Steve well as the saying goes “Buy Land” cause their not making any more.  Not sure I want to be a slum lord or not but the Brick house would make for a nice rental.

Getting more rain showers today, oh just though about getting drivers license switched to Wisconsin before leaving the state so I qualify for resident hunting and fishing licenses
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25007 on: Oct 11, 2021, 11:44 AM »
Well made it home with everything and have 3 critters to grind up and package.

So not sure where I left off, but remember saying the daughter got her elk, a couple days later we had chased a nice whitetail buck out from behind the camper and had missed an opportunity on a spike mule deer, when some whitetail does were feeding at the pond around 130 in the afternoon I went and asked the daughter if she wanted one of those and she got her gear on and out the camper we went and up the little hill could see one feeding and got her ready at 165 yards, then seen the other feeding closer so we moved and got her ready again and she chose to shoot at the farthest one. and she hit it good and it ran down and the other one ran about 10 yards down the fence from from us over the main road and down to the river.  So then we went and found her doe, well a fawn but the 2 fawns were as big as the doe as the doe and other fawn were standing by the pond again as we got back from deboning the deer.

Then a couple of days of walking around seeing some sign, getting soaked in the rain and then turning to snow, some fresh tracks and kicking the elk out and not seeing them, to kicking out a herd yesterday and not seeing but flashes and cows and calves, to walking into a different herd and slowly sneaking in and trying to find the bull to getting within 40 yards in the snow and looking over with a spike looking at us and the wife getting him.  Was a good week of some drastic swings in temps and was really too hot in the beginning to now should be up there the end of this week as snow and cold moving in, but my next time off is the end of the month, so now have to chase branch antlered bulls as the last day any bull was the 10th, now spikes excluded until the end of the month when the season closes.  Temps on the mountain are supposed to be highs mid 30's lows in the teens.  Temps down here 30's to 40's with lows in the 20's.  Warming back up later in the month.  have a good one everyone will get more stories down when I have more time.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25008 on: Oct 11, 2021, 03:58 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

67 degrees with mostly sunny skies.

Fish/hunt..... Excellent pictures. Congratulations to your Daughter  :clap: :clap:

IW....Thanks! I maybe able to check in from the shack. Usually the phone lets me post a couple hours before dawn. Other then that, I am pretty limited.

WW....Hope the old bones had a good day of rest ;D You have been hammering away the last few days, I bet it felt good to lay low :thumbsup:.

Dave hope the dock removal went well :thumbsup:

mr.clean.....I did get 4 meals made for the shack. My brother is bringing another 3 so we should be in good shape.

Thanks for all the good wishes for my Wife and her cataract surgery. I will certainly be happy when this is over and done with. Her procedure is at 1:30 tomorrow and then I have to bring her to the Dr. other office on Wednesday. Thursday will be hanging out with her then Friday I will be off to the shack for a week.

Today I did a bunch of leaves. Wednesday they are calling for 40+MPH winds and rain so that should take care of the remaining ones.

Hope everyone has a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25009 on: Oct 11, 2021, 05:36 PM »
Got the dock out. It was a bear. Seems I'm either getting weaker or the dock's getting heavier.
I think I'll look into getting an aluminum one.  ;)

Dock removal was going well until I went for a swim in the 44.5 degree water. Dang rocks are as slippery as goose turds!!!  ;D

Did a bit of trolling after and got one pike and lost another then went home. Pretty chilly ride down the lake.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25010 on: Oct 11, 2021, 09:09 PM »
Good evening, I will check for updates to the helicopter crash story tomorrow to see if they have identified the pilot.
Badger132 sorry to read of your truck problems and then issues with one of the boats used in perch survey. I saw on weather underground where parts of the northern Rocky mountain states may receive a foot of snow. I agree a person with medical problems being to far in the back country when conditions would make an evacuation difficult is not smart.
IFF glad the closing is still going forward. On the topic of brick house just remember there are benefits and draw backs to being a land lord.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the report from your family's elk hunt and the photos. Congratulations to your wife and daughter. I'm curious can your daughter still hunt for mule deer or are Wyoming regulations one doe per season of either species with proper permit.
whopper Stopper sounds like you have meals covered for your hunt.

A good night to all.
 steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25011 on: Oct 12, 2021, 03:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 53* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Steve........I heard about the crash on Storm King Mtn, was there any description of it was hard to get the the scene. :unsure:
                         Fish..........Congratu lations to your wife and daughter. :clap: :thumbsup: Your time will come. :whistle:
                         H2l...........It seems the woman are dong their best for the team. :flex:
                         Dave........Glad you were able to get the dock out. :flex: Maybe when you are finally living there, you can use the SXS to pull it up. :unsure:
                         Badger......The manufactures seem to put things in a way that only a dealer can get to. :cookoo: But with good old American ingenuity, we seem
                 to get'er done. :flex:
                         Wally........You aren't staining the deck now that it's pressured washed? ??? Leaves seem to be a never ending task until they are all gone. :blink:
                         This morning I have an Dr. appointment with my general practitioner at the "VA". Then I promised my neighbor to help him clean up some dead
                 trees, some standing and some not so standing.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25012 on: Oct 12, 2021, 04:05 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 51* this am, high near 70 today.

Steve…well, it was never mentioned at the pre-job meeting that I couldn’t broadcast live from the parking lot to the 9:45, so I took advantage of the situation.  ;D  We did get the fire and weenie roast in late Sunday afternoon….then a few of us thought it was a waste to drown out a nice warm fire. That made for a long day yesterday, lol.
  Dave…glad you got the dock out less the swim, man that had to suck! Congrats on the fishing and thanks sharing the cabin trips with us here, looking forward to the hard water adventures coming!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…sending best wishes, thoughts and prayers to Jo today…hope everything goes perfectly for her!   :thumbsup:  Will be looking forward to your hunting posts, best of luck to you and your brother getting a shot at one of those big bucks and having a memorable trip together.   :bow:
  FH4….thanks for sharing your trip and the awesome pictures…CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter and wife, well done!!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:  What do you figure that elk weighed?
  Bud…did the homeowner budge on the septic issue? Best wishes to you with the closing.  :thumbsup:
  Badger…sorry to read your day started off crappy with the truck and boat,  glad you got that taken care of. How big are the nets they use for the survey?
  Wally…hope you had a relaxing day yesterday…fishing on today’s agenda?   :thumbsup:   Things got better after coffee break for me yesterday, lol, you’ll have to remind me not to hang out next to the fire on school nights next time…Doh!  ;D
  H2…congrats on bowling over your average, sorry the team lost overall. My son and his buddies mentioned the same thing about the river, glad we didn’t waste a trip up there with my grandson. Ticks have been brutal here with this warm weather… :%$#!:
  Jeff…sounds like you had a good time with the neighbors!   :thumbsup:  Getting ready for the hunting season? Hope all goes well with the Dr. visit this am.
  Z…nice job getting out with your son, glad you found some fish eager to bite! Thanks for sharing the pictures!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Still plugging along on the ICE facility, there’s not nearly as many containment areas being built as I anticipated unless there is more to come. Feeling much better this am than yesterday, lol, that was a tough start.
  Nursing home reported 2 new positive cases with residents yesterday, both vaccinated. Visitation again being stopped until quarantine time is over…
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25013 on: Oct 12, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sorry to hear about the covid cases again  :(  hope both have a speedy recovery and visitation can resume soon ;)

IW.....the deck is made of composite material so no staining needed :clap:  careful with the tree removal  :whistle:

WS....we'll all be thinking of MrsWS and you today  ;)2

MrC....MrWW has been at camp, no luck yet  :-\ 

IFF....hope the closing goes smoothly for you  :)  hope Jake's vet visit went well  ???

Drifter.....that water's a little too chilly for swimming  :pinch:

FH4.....thanks for sharing the hunt and pics  :thumbsup:

Badger....there are some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed  ::)

A couple errands to run today, otherwise nothing planned other than enjoying another beautiful fall day  @)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25014 on: Oct 12, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Morning all, 60° and raining here, 73 with spotty showers forecast today. Looks like the river should continue to come up. We've needed this rain, it had been bone dry around here for a couple months until the rain started last week.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25015 on: Oct 12, 2021, 06:19 AM »
49* and some fog.
F/H4, great hunting trip and thanks for the pictures, they are great. Love the one of the pond.
Eddie, sorry to hear of the + cases at the nursing home. Seems to be a lot going around right now.
Got the boat home and in the garage for the winter. I had to go for blood work for an up-coming Dr. appt.
Lindsay starts her new job today.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25016 on: Oct 12, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Snowing here at the moment and building some on the ground, nothing when I came in to work this morning but when I was done in the cleanroom and stepped out big flakes coming down and the ground was white.

For Wyoming if you draw a type 3 whitetail tag you can buy another general tag and kill 2 bucks possibly over the season, you can also apply and get doe/fawn tags at 2 per person. On this area it is mule deer bucks any whitetail for all hunters and for youth they can take anything.  Youth ages are 12-17 and after they turn 18 they go with the other regulations.  So the daughter is done for the year but good thing as the deer season closes Friday where we are hutting elk.  Would have to take her to other parts of the state to chase deer.  But we have the wife and her sandhill crane tags to chase until we head back to the mountain the 22nd or so of October to chase the last tag, my elk tag, but I always try and put the wife and daughter first.

The elk seem to weigh more each year, but I guess these were both about 2 or 3 years old, good eating ones, and probably weighed about 350lbs live weight, we de-boned the front shoulders and drug out the hind quarters and have the hind quarters hanging in the shop right now waiting to get cut up, those weigh about 80 or so pounds each.  We get anywhere from 100 to 150lbs of burger off each elk with tenderloins and backstraps as well.  I do not mess with the rib meat and such so could get a little more just when packing them out/letting them hang the rib meat dries up to much and with grizzlies around the wife hates wasting too much time around the carcass and most the time the blood shot is pretty bad here anyways.

The pond picture is of trout lake this is where we were catching the grayling this summer, just could not pass up seeing if the colors would turn out since it was such a beautiful morning.  Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25017 on: Oct 12, 2021, 09:27 AM »
Good Morning ER's!
39 degrees here this morning- the furnace is running, and I am considering switching to the winter uniform- Costco fleece lined jeans and sherpa fleece shirt. Flip flops and shorts are going away for the year. A cold front blew in yesterday with enough wind to take most of the remaining leaves, and snow has come to the high country.
Got the new starter installed- Spins much faster than the old one. Bolts went in easier than they came out.
Today's project is to help a buddy fabricate a snow roof for his trailer. He lives in it year round in the mountains, and is getting too old to shovel the roof to keep the snow off. A little PVC and a plastic tarp provide a slick, pitched surface so that hopefully it will be self cleaning. He is letting me keep my snowmobiles up there this winter, so I don't have to tow every time I go fishing.
FH4: I hear you about the elk getting heavier. I think I am done hauling them on my back. You make me tired just hearing about it.
H2L: Sorry to hear the boat is in the barn. I hope to get out at least once more here. That is the advantage of elevation- we can get moderate weather in the valley and still winter higher up.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25018 on: Oct 12, 2021, 09:42 PM »
Good evening foggy start to the day with temperature of sixty at 8AM  headed to high in the low seventies. The pilot of Helicopter was a 73 year old man from Long Island.
Ice Wanderer the TV and newspaper stories of helicopter crash did not mention anything about it being difficult to get to the crash sight. They said the copter went down near route 218 and Storm King mountain. State forest rangers did assist local and state police. May your general practitioner be happy with your overall state of health. Also hope the tree work with neighbor was problem free.
Eddie sorry to hear about two new Covid cases among residents at your mother's nursing home and visitations being stopped.  It maybe a smart move to have any residents who received the Pifzer vaccine and meet time requirement get booster shots. Glad you had the fire and weenie roast on Sunday i'm sure it made your granddaughter happy. Guessing if you broadcast from inside the facility there might be a problem.
Wallyworld hope you are feeling recharged after two days of mostly relaxation. Best to Mr.WW with the rest of this Deer season.
Zcm-28 looks like your area area is making up for a dry August and September.
Hunts2long may it have been a good first day for Lindsay at the new job.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for answering my question about your daughter and explaining some of Wyoming's big game hunting regulations. Best to your wife with the sand hill crane hunt and you in filling the elk tag.
Badger132 how much snow did you receive from the storm . Good to read you got the starter replaced on your truck . I hope things went well on the snow roof build for your friend's trailer.
Whopper stopper may all have gone well with your wife's cataract surgery today .

Stay safe and healthy.
  Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25019 on: Oct 13, 2021, 03:28 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

A windy, wet day on tap here today, may see 60 but thats about it.

Eddie....prayers sent for all to return to normal at the nursing home :thumbsup:

IW.....Hope your Dr visit went well  :thumbsup:

WW....is Mr WW at hunting camp? Best of luck to him with the upcoming season :thumbsup:

H2l....Hope Lindsay's first day went well :thumbsup:

My wife's  Cataract and Goniotomy surgery seemed to go OK yesterday. We are heading back to the jungle this morning for a follow up visit. The main thing now is for the eye pressure to remain in the acceptable range and not spike. She was given 2 more drops to add to the regular 7 she has been taking 2x a day. When all is done the goal is to be able to manage everything with just 4 drops twice a day.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.