New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: pike in saratoga  (Read 1545 times)

Offline sdog

• IceShanty Rookie
pike in saratoga
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 03:27 PM »
I'm from SE mass and an thinking of taking a pike trip to saratoga lake in February.  If anyone has any recomendations on good spots and tactics for this lake or others in the area it would be greatly appreciated.  also any suggestions on motels in th area.

Offline ice rambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: pike in saratoga
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Can anyone help this dude out please.

camo_fish

« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2005, 08:25 PM »
  also any suggestions on motels in th area.
off exit 13, head north on rt. 9 toward saratoga springs and there is a nice motel, on the other side of the kaydeross creek on the right side of the road and a newer one up the hill on the right. I always see fisherman w/boats there during the summer. And then it is a 10min drive up I-87 to exit 14 where you'll take a left at the top of the ramp and head toward Saratoga lake about 2-3miles down the road.
Good luck.

Offline sdog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 07:02 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2005, 07:06 PM »
I thought the state killed all the fish off in that lake 3 years ago?

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2005, 08:23 PM »
The pike are there ,they just seem to run smaller in size lately.For the big ones either get to manning's or fish out in front of brown's beach!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:53 PM »
The Saratoga Chamber of Commerce has a website, just google Saratoga Springs, and Saratoga is loaded with motels/hotels of all shapes, sizes and prices.  That would be a good way to start and given the time of year you shouldn't have a problem getting a room somewhere on the fly.  There is a bait shop, Saratoga Tackle, right near the state boat launch on Saratoga Lake.  It is right in the Stewarts gas station plaza.  They've got everything you might need and will give you a paper map that gives you a good overview of the lake and mark off spots to try.  They also have a two day tournament planned for Feb. 18 and 19.  Have a great vacation!

Offline pikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2006, 05:51 PM »
If you find fitch road go out until you get water about 8-12 feet .Use the biggest baits you can get unless you dont mind catchin bass and pickeral.Usually when the sun first comes up (7:30 -9) i do best.The pike aren't huge,usually in the 20-25  inch range.Hope this helps, good luck

Offline hrlevi1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Hey guys ~
was out last week and caught only 1 pike about 35 yards in front of the waterfront restaurant.  slow day and only had two flags - caught two fish the one pike i mentioned earlier and one 2+ lb bass...

all the best

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2006, 08:22 PM »
I was with coachjohnny and he landed an 8lb pike off of fitch!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.