Author Topic: Antero bobo's 11-30  (Read 4819 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Antero bobo's 11-30
« on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:15 PM »
A great day to be fishing. We caught about 30 with about 6 or 7 UNDER twenty inches.

Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Antero bobo's 11-30
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:19 PM »
What kinda Ice ya got on Antero Slayerfish?

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:01 PM »
What kinda Ice ya got on Antero Slayerfish?

5-6 inches as of 12-3.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Chad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Slayer,

Awesome! Any info on what general regions to fish on the lake? How about jigs used? Depth of water?  Are you jigging or dead sticking it? All you guys are teasing that's for sure! I've fished Lake John quite a bit with good success, but hope to give Antero a try for the first time maybe this weekend. Awesome browns for sure!

Chad

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Slayer,

Awesome! Any info on what general regions to fish on the lake? How about jigs used? Depth of water?  Are you jigging or dead sticking it? All you guys are teasing that's for sure! I've fished Lake John quite a bit with good success, but hope to give Antero a try for the first time maybe this weekend. Awesome browns for sure!

Chad

I was fishing south side of dam.  the water is from 11-18 ft.  Dead stickin was the order of the day. Caught some 10 ft from the dam and some 200 ft from the dam. Moving seemed to be the key as to location.  Each set of holes was good for maybe 2 or 3 chances, then it would die.  We'd move 150 ft and drill 4 new holes and soon would get some action.  Longest in any spot was prolly 20 minutes. Things could be totally different this weekend, who knows-Good luck.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Chad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Slayer,

Thanks for the info. That is exactly how I fish most places around here. I still cannot get over those browns, they look like COHOs!

Take care, and once again thanks for a general starting place.

Chad

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Nice fish slayer, as always.  Whats up with that lake.  Ive seen it all over the forums and the fish are just hogs.
Zack

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Nice fish slayer, as always.  Whats up with that lake.  Ive seen it all over the forums and the fish are just hogs.
Zack

Its a shallowlake about 17 ft max but most of the lake is 13' or less.  Amazing amount of weed growth with amazing amounts of feed.  The trout grow a minimum of 1-1/2" per month. So if you stock a 10"er in April it will be 1.5" x 7 months or 21.5" by december ice fishing season! The 21 "ers weigh 5 lbs.  The 23"ers weigh almost 7 lbs. 

Hey Chad- they are rainbows, not browns!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:56 AM »
Got another question for you slayer.  I have heard you talk about putting eggs from some of your bows to use as bait.  I got a bunch of eggs myself to use this year through the ice.  I was just curious if you use eggs through the ice and if so are they most effective on the bottom or up above.  I used some fresh eggs from a trout we caught through the ice last year and they out fished everybody 6 to 1 until they were gone.  Just a question.
Zack

Offline Chad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Slayer,

Now that I look a bit closer to the second pic, I can see the rainbow in them, but they sure do look like some of those big lake browns you catch. I'll see if I can dig a photo or two up of some lake browns that look a lot like that.

Either way, great fish!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:25 PM »
Got another question for you slayer.  I have heard you talk about putting eggs from some of your bows to use as bait.  I got a bunch of eggs myself to use this year through the ice.  I was just curious if you use eggs through the ice and if so are they most effective on the bottom or up above.  I used some fresh eggs from a trout we caught through the ice last year and they out fished everybody 6 to 1 until they were gone.  Just a question.
Zack
Oh yeah I usually have a jar of egg sacs tied up with me whenever I'm fishing for trout. Usually they work best just above the bottom. 1 ft or so. Sometimes i LAY IT ON THE BOTTOM IF THERE'S NO CRAWDADS.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline BigZee44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2007, 09:29 AM »
Thanks for the info slayer.  Im excited to use some of my eggs this year.  We just need so good ice up here!
Zack

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:01 AM »
I was fishing south side of dam.  the water is from 11-18 ft.  Dead stickin was the order of the day. Caught some 10 ft from the dam and some 200 ft from the dam. Moving seemed to be the key as to location.  Each set of holes was good for maybe 2 or 3 chances, then it would die.  We'd move 150 ft and drill 4 new holes and soon would get some action.  Longest in any spot was prolly 20 minutes. Things could be totally different this weekend, who knows-Good luck.

Thought there was a restriction on fishing within 300 feet of the dam?

Great report, pics and info... thanks!

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Thought there was a restriction on fishing within 300 feet of the dam?

Great report, pics and info... thanks!

I know theres restrictions on a lot of reservoirs here, but I dont recall seeing any signs at antero and it's not mentioned in the regulations.  http://www.denverwater.org/recreation/ANTERO_REGULATIONS.pdf

The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2007, 11:30 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are restrictions as I've heard of several anglers being warned or ticketed by DOW officers at Antero. I just don't know the exact distance you have to stay out from the dam.

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Slayerfish are you oh my I can't believe you doing that omg oh on second look oh yes you are gilling them  :'( :'(  JUST TEASING MAN ;D nice fish I wish I was there! Congrats
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline Hellsangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2007, 11:05 AM »
Dang more nice fish .  ;D
Utah Ice

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:59 AM »
don't you get tired of catching those stinking trout   ;)
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.