Author Topic: Jigs  (Read 1242 times)

Offline joshmurdoch84

• IceShanty Rookie
Jigs
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Does anyone make their own Jigs? Would anyone be interested in Postin Pics and maybe sellin a few or trading some to get the word out about your jigs.

Offline quivira kid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:36 AM »
What exactly do you have in mind? Like a hardbody something like a Diamond Jig or more like a marabou tail crappie jig? I absolutely don't want to come across wrong to everyone since I just joined yesterday, but shoot me a message if you want to talk about the marabou type.

Offline joshmurdoch84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:51 AM »
Just something for thru the ice. I perfer homemade lures to going out and buying those high dollar lures that are guarenteed to cetch fish in a stock pond where they haven't been fed for 6 months so they will eat anything that lands on the water

Offline Jig4M

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:57 AM »
Check out the jig makig thread on the child board. There's a lot of really good pics and plenty tips for making your own.
:icefish:

Offline joshmurdoch84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:17 AM »
I couldn't find it do u have a link for it

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:24 AM »
Lots of us on here make our own jigs. I make lots of saltwater jigs for summertime use.
I also make icefishing jigs like roundheads in 1/32 and 1/16 with grubtails, shad darters in 1/32 and 1/64,swimjigs in various sizes,and I am starting to make teardrops.
Like was said look at the child boards above this one for lots of info on making your own jigs.
When you log on click on community then scroll down to jigging.
Click on jigging and them click on jig making on the very top of the page.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=129.0
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Making jigs is easy. One of the best jigs I ever used was a green 1/64oz jig head with barbed collar. That's it, just that jig head and a waxworm. Not sure what was up, but that jig always out fished any other I tried.

Personally, I find it annoying to sit in the garage at 0º and pour jigs when I can just buy them for pennies each. I buy the raw jigs and then paint them myself. Bass jigs and open water jigs I pour myself, but not cheap little ice jigs. Soldering in the basement is a little different, that I don't mind.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2012, 01:09 PM »
Does anyone make their own Jigs? Would anyone be interested in Postin Pics and maybe sellin a few or trading some to get the word out about your jigs.
I make a lot of ice jigs,i will tell you how to make them but I donot sell mine, and I am not able to put pic up,to me it is
a pain in the[ you know] to learn how todo this I would  sent one to you
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2012, 01:42 PM »
I just started making teardrops today

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2012, 02:04 PM »
I make my own. Its fun and passes the time til we get decent ice. You can use old spinnerbait blades to make jigs too. I found a box withabout 100 small blades in it. I was super excited
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.