Author Topic: To the Chi Town crowd  (Read 696 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
To the Chi Town crowd
« on: Mar 03, 2024, 12:37 PM »

Looking for some thill mini shy bite floats not sure if these were during or after Mick was in charge   1.5 inch and way smaller than what is in stores now    Will pay top dollar for these if anyone has some

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: To the Chi Town crowd
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2024, 09:37 AM »
Old goat, I’ll check but don’t think I still have any. I used to work where they were made. They did come with the whole Thill line that Mick put together. Very few were sold. Over in England, where Mick fished the tournaments they always used chum and the fish were very small, so they were real popular over there. We only made them a couple times a year, so I know they didn’t sell much anywhere. We made thousands and thousands of most of the other floats, but since Lindy was sold, they have discontinued lots and lots and lots of different things.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2024, 03:31 PM »

Thanks for your reply I do have about 6 or 7 but they worked so well I am wanting more of them

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2024, 03:47 PM »
No luck so far but more places to check. You must do the cane pole/ long fiberglass rod type of fishing? I kept a few of everything but thought they were all a pain in the a__. I was amazed what they go for on EBay but asking and selling are different animals. I’ll keep looking, they’re yours if I can find them.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2024, 09:29 AM »
Old Goat, unbelievable, I actually found four of them that still have the rubber things on them even. Those were what was called the gold medal series that was all part of that English stuff. Like I say, unless you’re a cane pole or a long fiberglass rod fisherman I don’t have any idea what you even use these things for.  Lindy tried to market a series of those long, fiberglass sticks in 1216 and 20 footers but they didn’t sell either. I tried using them to reach into the stick ups early in the spring but didn’t have much success. PM me your address and I’ll get them in the mail to you. Some of these may have small nicks in them because they’ve been bounced around for a while, and may be even a little blob of paint as they may be seconds, so when you get them  cover them with a thin coat of clear fingernail polish so they don’t absorb water and you’ll be all set to go.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2024, 09:51 AM »
message sent

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2024, 11:20 AM »
I don’t think my msg went out to you. Mine are seconds so clear coat any dings with fingernail polish. In the mail.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2024, 08:29 PM »

Thanks again Hawg I sent you a note      I can't wait till next winter

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2024, 06:39 AM »
I’ve always wondered if these replies get back. Did you get my reply in your PMs? Glad you can use them, time to get the boat out. 🌞

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.