Author Topic: new guy  (Read 2309 times)

Offline NWR-Brad

• IceShanty Rookie
new guy
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:23 PM »
Old timer here. Born and raised in E WA. Lived in Spokane the last 49 years. Fished all over E WA. Ice fished a bunch of NE WA lakes back in the 60'sand 70's and some in the ML area. Been more of a boat guy for a long time but getting tired of freezing my rear off winter eye fishing on Roosevelt so I started rainbow bank fishing there in the winter some years back.  Doesn't seem that around Spokane we get much of a window for ice fishing any more but I did get out to Eloika a few times last year and have fished Silver some in the past.  Might get a little more active this year.

Have a son in NW Mont and so I fish there some as well and also a son in MN and when there I get out also. BTW, MN is ice fishing heaven for sure. My son did well on eyes the last 2 weekends on Red Lake.

I'll be hanging around the edges here this winter and if I get out I'll share the info.

I tried watching the videos mentioned on another thread but there was no direct link so I'll have to go search You Tube I guess. I'm a little computer challenged at time but I'll try.   

Have fun this winter and stay safe on that ice.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Nice introduction and welcome to a great site! Lots of information to read through so enjoy your stay!

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Welcome!

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Welcome! Have a great ice season.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:35 PM »
Welcome! Have a great season!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:59 PM »
Ever ice fish Moses?

Offline NWR-Brad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:20 PM »
No haven’t fished ML

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2018, 09:31 AM »
If you're looking for fishable ice right now-little pend oreille chain lakes are 4+ inches.  Would include Coffin, Sherry and Gillette lakes.  Look them up on the WDFW web site for species info, directions etc.  All are at or above 3000' but are easily accessible on the Colville-Tiger hwy.  These lakes are open for hardwater fishing as of this year due to season revamp by the state.

Offline Echo 6 Whiskey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2018, 10:36 PM »
Houlzhouse have you fished them through the ice yet this year. A lot of new places to ice fish this season in Washington it’s going to be fun to see how they all fish in the winter.

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2018, 06:28 AM »
I haven't yet but quite a few people have been hitting them for the last 2 weeks.  Chain lakes are above 3000' which is why they're fishable.  Postings are on the Washington ice fishing facebook page which is moderated by Tyler Hicks (Spilt milt on ice shanty)  Coffin seems to be brookie heavy with gillette having a better mix of trout/perch.  Yeah I was super stoked when I saw all the lakes that were open.  There are a few lakes in that watershed that aren't open ( frater comes to mind) so check the WDFW site.  Quite a few closer to SPO are also open as of this year-Jump off Joe, Davis, Sacheen, Diamond, Horseshoe.  Jump off Joe was capped but unsafe.  Temps should be dropping in the next couple of weeks making all these good to go.  I'll be hitting gillette on 12/27-I'll post how it went.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Welcome aboard NWR-Brad hope you like it here.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.