Author Topic: looking into marcum 5.6  (Read 482 times)

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking into marcum 5.6
« on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:22 PM »
decided to take off the blindfold this year to see whats under my holes .looking into purchasing a new unit , and am leaning toward the marcum 5.6 with the duel transducer . has anybody had any good or bad experiences with it . thx for the help .

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: looking into marcum 5.6
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:45 PM »
If you're referring to the showdown, they're a great unit. Try the search feature, there have been a bunch of threads the last year or so, lots of info. Also try posting in the equipment section if you didn't already.

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2011, 01:02 PM »
thankyou for the reply . i will use those options . this forecast this early for our weather  really has me chomping on the bit . cant wait . good luck with your season . i am from durham  . looking forward to the first day out there . been getting stuff together and making some modifacations to the old ice sled .last years cold was great but the excessive snowfall made the parking lots tough to get through . once they were plowed then the bite was on !!!!!  thx again .

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2011, 01:15 PM »
The Showdowns are nice units, easy to use. My complaint is the price. Ever since Marcum bought the company, the prices have gone through the roof... Take a look at some of the flashers out there... Guys get intimidated by the flashers thinking they are complicated. This is not the case at all. The Humminbird Ice 45 is cheaper and a hell of a unit for the money. I can show you everything you need to know on a Humminbird in 2 minutes...

I'll have all of our electronics in stock in about a week. Feel free to stop by for a side by side comparison. I can show yo the ins and outs of the different units  ;)

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:03 AM »
great . thx blaine . i have no problem with the flasher units . i am just lookin for the best value for my dollar . a unit that will also last a while and not give me trouble right after the warrenty expires . i look forward to stopping into your place early november  . thx for the feedback . take care .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.