The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: LaCrosse area  (Read 1290 times)

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
LaCrosse area
« on: Jan 17, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I'm fairly new to the lacrosse area and have no idea how to get access to the water around here.  I've been told about l. onalaska but how do I get there by foot..places to park etc.  THanks

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: LaCrosse area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:54 PM »
You could fish the Mississippi near Stoddard, cross the tracks by the thirsty turtle bar, and follow the road to the boat landing.  The is were everyone parks when ice fishing.  You could also try Runge Hollow lake near Westby, or Sidie Hollow Lake west of Viroqua on Hwy 56.

Big W
Big W

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Big W..the lake near Westby seems as though it's been drained...  Have you ever fished the lake near Viroqua??  Just wondering what it was like..

Offline Big W

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Trapsht,
  The lake that was drained was Jersey Valley.  The dam sprung a leak.  Jersey Valley is located off Hwy 27 while heading towards Cashton.  Runge Hollow is off of hwy B (not sure) B meets Hwy 14/61 heading south out of Coon Valley, anyway you follow B till you get to a cemetary(??) and hang a right.  There are some monster pike and plenty of good size gills.  The Chaseburg Rod/Gun club has a fishing derby there in Feb (weather permitting)..

Big W
Big W

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:49 AM »
Thanks a lot..i'll give it a try this weekend and post with my results

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.