The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Flashers  (Read 4108 times)

Offline giddyup

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Flashers
« Reply #30 on: Jan 22, 2019, 09:22 PM »
Vexilar fl-8 and Vexilar flx-28. The fl-8 is twenty years old and still going strong. Bulletproof!! Just bought the flx-28 this season. So far I'm impressed.
"Fishing is not an escape from life,but often a deeper immersion into it..."- Harry Middleton

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2019, 08:45 AM »
They claim that a fish wraps line around your ducer and it cuts through the insulation and frys your unit,if you send yours in for service and they ask you how far below the ice you hang the ducer beware,thats their out.Keep an eye on the ducer,if the insulation starts to pull back from where it goes into the top trash it.Then they fix it and send you a bill for $160 to get your unit back.Thats Marcums customer service for ya.
Go  Helix 7,use it on the boat and the ice.
Dont ask

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2019, 09:12 AM »
If I have room I drill a separate hole for my transducer. I use my Helix 7 G2 on ice and in one of my boats. The other boat has a Helix 9 G2. The only problem I have ever had a with a Humminbird was caused by a defective map chip.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline walleymcjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Picked up a used fl-18 at the pawn shop few years back. Does everything I need it to do and still running strong.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.