The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: marcum 5.6 dual beam  (Read 1069 times)

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
marcum 5.6 dual beam
« on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Anyone no where I can pickup a Marcum showdown dual beam? I live in beaver county and don't wanna wait for shipping. I have called dicks in cranberry and Monaca and field and stream in cranberry and Washington. I fish with an underwater camera and love it but I no that I am missing out on allot of suspended fish.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: marcum 5.6 dual beam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Your only missing out if you like looking at lines. I recently bought the troller 2.0 package. gonna try to return it. I still like my Humminbird fishinbuddy better.

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I use my buddies vex and can't stand the flashing colors. I've watched the videos on YouTube and marcums videos and I'm pretty sure for the price that's the machine I want. I'd love to find a new one locally but if anyone has a good used one let me no I'd probably be interested if the price is right. Has to be a dual beam. I like fishing new lakes so if someone has one I'm willing to travel & fish a lake in your area.

Offline big splash

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure FishUSA has them in Erie. Everything I have ordered from them comes in a couple days
We are all here because we are not all there

Offline beavercountybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Thanks I'll call them tomorrow but all they list on the web is the 5.6 digital.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2015, 10:54 PM »
When you're ordering or buying watch to make sure you're getting a Dual Beam since a few places including Cabela's only carries the single beam.  The Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin 570-689-7898 has one on the shelf for $400 but I don't know if they'll ship it.  You can order it directly from Marcum for $389.99     http://www.rapala.com/marcum/fish-finders-sonar/showdown-5.6-dual-beam-digital-sonar-system/SHWD-5.6DB.html?start=7&cgid=marcum-sonar          Gander Mountain has them for $399.99 but they ship from Marcum. 

Offline Crappie_Rod

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CRAP EYE
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:25 PM »
I have 2 single beam and I love them. Got them before dual beam came out.

Offline westonp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:37 PM »
Cabelas does also have the duel beam. I just got a single frome there a couple weeks ago and looked at the duel. Hoping I don't kick myself for saving a few buck in the end. Love the unit so far though.

Offline ICE4LIFE_83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2015, 07:40 AM »
I ordered mine off Amazon and got it in 2 days if your having problems finding one look at Amazon. Mine was $330 and free shippin for the dual beam during the summer.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2015, 04:26 PM »
I bought a showdown 5.6 db from Amazon last year and they were definitely the cheapest I could find.  Right now i am having some issues with it and waiting to see what Marcum is going to do about it.  Was sent back once already and they could not identify the problem, but still occurring.  Nez

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2015, 05:08 PM »
What's your machine doing that it shouldn't be?

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Sitting in the shop.  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:01 PM »
Where to begin…last year it got water in it and then started acting up.  I sent it back to Marcum at the end of the season and they ran diagnostics on it and said they could not find anything wrong with it so they just resealed the faceplate.  Now the auto zoom and auto range are not working.  Just the other day when I had it on AZ, I moved to a hole from 20 ft to 23ft and it would only read down to the 20ft mark.  It is suppose to adjust for this.  Same with the Auto range.  I have been getting a lot of clutter on the screen this year and I have to run the noise reduction on 5 to see the jig and fish.  I also have to significantly increase the sensitivity on it to see my jig, even if the noise reduction is at 1.  Last year I was running it at 6-8 and seeing the jig well, this year with the same jig, I need to run it at 16-19, and it still has some moments when it can't pick it up.  The last thing I saw was the finder may say I am in 15 feet, but the range numbers on the side of the screen are 20,40,60 and 80.  Marcum has told me that I can send it back to have it worked on, but I contacted Amazon (where I bought it) and they offered to either return it, get a partial refund or get a new one shipped to me.  Told Amazon to send me a new one tonight.  I know many people that have this finder and never had any issues with the and when it works correctly, it is truly awesome.  Just think I got a defective one.  Nez

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:49 PM »
I don't know how the inners work but the first possibilities are you got one with a bad circuit board, something is shorting out, or the connections are corroded.  No matter what the cause is I think you did the best thing with having Amazon sending you a new one.  As you said it's a great machine providing it's working right.  Good luck and please keep us posted how you make out with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.