New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Otsego Lake, Cooperstown, NY  (Read 109353 times)

Offline mkiburz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otsego Lake, Cooperstown, NY
« Reply #600 on: Feb 08, 2018, 09:33 PM »
I was out today.  Water and slush around the edge becuase of the snow pressure.  8" of snow on the ice

Offline mkiburz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #601 on: Feb 08, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Can any locals point me in the right direction to the closest bait shop to Otsego?  I checked the bait shop map on shanty but it didnt show any near the lake at all.  Any help would be appreciated!

Where are you coming from?

Offline harpoonlocke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #602 on: Feb 08, 2018, 11:05 PM »
I was out today.  Water and slush around the edge becuase of the snow pressure.  8" of snow on the ice

How thick was the ice?
Check out the blog aacfishing.blogspot.co m

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #603 on: Feb 09, 2018, 05:49 AM »
There's one in Oneonta NY. Sportsman Adventure. Has about everything you'll need.
Yeah ....and not open until 8. Ridiculous
"MONGO'S"

Offline mkiburz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #604 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:31 PM »

Offline Krocodile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #605 on: Feb 09, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Measured 14in on the north end, perch bite has died for me and my buddies, a few lakers chasing. Snowshoes made the drag easier.

Offline just1moredad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #606 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:44 AM »
Over foot of good ice under a bit of slush and snow.Spent two plus hours north of Hyde Bay.Only bites were two digits on my left hand,compliments of Jack Frost.It was the time available,so it was the "best"time to fish for me.Cured the cabin fever.Looking to be back at it next monday. Bright and early.The breeze and snow flurries help with the cure.

Offline FLAGGGG1114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #607 on: Feb 14, 2018, 01:29 PM »
FLAAAAAGGGG,
Your best bet would be Off the Beaten Path. From Schenectady take I-88 to Schoharie exit. Take right and quick left. Follow road approx. 1 mile and take right at gas station. About another 1.5 miles you  will see white building on right with red truck in driveway. Bait tanks around back but go through front door to see if Jeff is there. Has beard. Very nice guy. If not walk around back to these big tanks. Get your bait and receipt. Continue on that road to Rt 20 at another gas station and take left. Head to Otsego from there. Good Luck.......
      Kim :tipup: :icefish:

Thanks i really appreciate the info!

Offline GitRDone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #608 on: Feb 14, 2018, 03:26 PM »

Thanks i really appreciate the info!
If you just drive down Rt 20 you come to the same gas station he told you to take a left at and they sell bait there. Not sure of the cross road want to say rt 80 maybe. I drive down all the time from Guilderland. Takes me aprox 1hr to get to the gas station. Get my bait and on the water in 10-15min depending where you want to go. Good Luck. i think there is a tournament there this Sunday to benefit the Vets.

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #609 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Off the Beaten Path is in Central Bridge area. The gas station I was referring to is at the corners of 30A & 20 where you turn west toward Otsego Lake. There is a gas station that sells bait at rt 80 & rt 20 near Otsego. About the 1 hour drive Flagggg is talking about. It's that OTBP gives good bait and extras. Very healthy. Hope this helps..............
      Kim :tipup: :icefish:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline harpoonlocke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #610 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:45 PM »
How are the conditions on the ice after today’s warmth is there still a lot of snow and slush? Also this is a super long shot but we caught a laker last week that was dragging a broken heritage trap with the initials “D. Crowell” on it any one know anyone by that name that may fish there? I know it’s a huge shot in the dark

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #611 on: Feb 15, 2018, 06:50 PM »
How are the conditions on the ice after today’s warmth is there still a lot of snow and slush? Also this is a super long shot but we caught a laker last week that was dragging a broken heritage trap with the initials “D. Crowell” on it any one know anyone by that name that may fish there? I know it’s a huge shot in the dark
Are you craptin me?? That's the best!!!
"MONGO'S"

Offline harpoonlocke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #612 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Are you craptin me?? That's the best!!!

Haha no joke we got a flag and when we pulled it up we had another line wrapped around our line. We pulled that up and one end had a laker the other a busted trap it was broken in half missing the cross pieces.

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #613 on: Feb 15, 2018, 09:48 PM »
Hit the ice this afternoon. Had 13" of ice, slushy with standing water, snow all gone.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline FLAGGGG1114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #614 on: Feb 16, 2018, 09:42 AM »
If you just drive down Rt 20 you come to the same gas station he told you to take a left at and they sell bait there. Not sure of the cross road want to say rt 80 maybe. I drive down all the time from Guilderland. Takes me aprox 1hr to get to the gas station. Get my bait and on the water in 10-15min depending where you want to go. Good Luck. i think there is a tournament there this Sunday to benefit the Vets.

Thank you!

Offline harpoonlocke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #615 on: Feb 16, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Hit the ice this afternoon. Had 13" of ice, slushy with standing water, snow all gone.

Thanks for the update! I’m glad all that snow is gone

Offline icedauber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #616 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Lets us know if the shoreline held up off of 3 mile , thanks.
Flag Up!!!

Offline FLAGGGG1114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #617 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:46 AM »
If anyone could post a ice report off Glimmerglass in the next couple days I would appreciate it.  Traveling there on Friday for the weekend, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get out and fish!  Thanks and Tight Lines!

Offline fowlhookedny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #618 on: Feb 21, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Shore line off glimmerglass is not holding up well.  Gonna need knee boots at least to get on unless the weather changes cold quick.  Still about 8-10 inches of ice inside the bay, but the ice out over the deeper water was very unhealthy.  Started with 8 inches over 100ft ended with 6 inches of white grainy ice.  Wind and water on the surface ripped it up quick!  Stay safe out there!

Offline FLAGGGG1114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #619 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:04 PM »
If anyone could post a ice report off Glimmerglass in the next couple days I would appreciate it.  Traveling there on Friday for the weekend, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can get out and fish!  Thanks and Tight Lines!

Thank you for the update! 

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #620 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Anyone know if it has locked up/has safe ice on it?

Offline fishpalal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #621 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:05 PM »
Be interested to know myself. Living here in Little Falls has really curbed my appetite for fishing since I used to live in ST. LAWRENCE  county and there were always places where the fish were, not just places to go out on the ice. I have caught some fish on Otsego, but one keeper and a few perch isn’t exactly much success considering the number of lines used while ice fishing.      I am thinking about placing 5 treble hooks on each tip up { within the regulations} and give that a whirl.

Offline Gravel Lizzard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #622 on: Jan 24, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Guys... the lake isn't safe. The bays are starting to freeze, but this warm weather and rain is going open it back up. Hopefully soon!

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #623 on: Jan 24, 2020, 01:31 PM »
Thank you saved me a hr drive

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #624 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Guys... the lake isn't safe. The bays are starting to freeze, but this warm weather and rain is going open it back up. Hopefully soon!

Thanks.

Offline Craveman85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #625 on: Jan 30, 2020, 09:43 AM »
I just drove by to check out glimmerglass. There's still water in the bay even. Mostly froze but still some water in spots. I didn't bother walking out. Probably a couple more weeks for me

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #626 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Any update as to if its locked up/ice thickness?

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #627 on: Feb 03, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Seen a few guys out at Glimmerglass Saturday can't tell you the thickness of the ice or how it faired after today's temperature.
I live back in the woods you see

Offline Vinny1892

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #628 on: Feb 03, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Crap hopefully someone will chime with a  thickness thank anyhow

Offline wish4fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #629 on: Feb 04, 2020, 07:48 AM »
The bait guy in Central Bridge said he had a report of 5-6 inches 300 yds out to the mouth of Hyde bay... but out further over deeper water ice thins out to 1.5-2 in...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.