The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Bummed out  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Ruimachado

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bummed out
« on: Jan 23, 2024, 08:12 AM »
Bummed out that we have rain and high temperatures coming, finally was able to get on the local pond since 2 years ago and get into my honey hole, maybe get another chance today depending on work but the 3.5" of ice at the entrance will be gone by the end of the week.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bummed out
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2024, 07:44 PM »
Glad that you were able to finally get out and enjoy your nice haul of fish. Still a lot of season left.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2024, 11:08 PM »
Nice white perch and crappie haul
MA

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2024, 06:43 AM »
I am pretty confident that the ice season on the south coast has come and gone this year, barring a polar vortex w another week of very cold w no wind I just think it is not likely w March 5 weeks away

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2024, 08:12 AM »
I am pretty confident that the ice season on the south coast has come and gone this year, barring a polar vortex w another week of very cold w no wind I just think it is not likely w March 5 weeks away

I'm holding out hope. We've had ice during February school vacation a few times in the past few years. I took that week off, hoping my big bet pays off.
Marking anything?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2024, 06:50 AM »
Not bummed.  Get the damn snow off the ice. 

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2024, 08:54 AM »
Lots of time left, 2 places in central mass checked today, didnt even lose any ice over the last 2 days. Was on ice last year in April!!! Got to stay positive and look for the good SAFE ice!!!
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:14 AM »
We get it, you live in north central mass away from the ocean, 2hrs away and fish on the ice at every waking moment

Offline Ruimachado

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2024, 10:43 AM »
We get it, you live in north central mass away from the ocean, 2hrs away and fish on the ice at every waking moment
I wish...have to drive at least 1h to get to north central MA, actually closer saltwater   :'(

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2024, 01:10 PM »
Rui I meant the guy above you that ice fishes into August every year and lives no where remotely close to us

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2024, 03:34 PM »
Rui I meant the guy above you that ice fishes into August every year and lives no where remotely close to us
I've been waiting for his comments this year after the way he insulted everybody who struggled to get on good ice last year lol. He was noticeably quiet at the start of this season. I guess even he couldn't bullcrap everybody about there being plenty of good ice this year. Until now that is, haha.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2024, 04:39 PM »
He has moved on to letting the Maine guys know how much Ice they are missing

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2024, 10:23 AM »

You dont have a clue guy. You shouldnt run your mouth when you dont know what you are talking about. I live way west of central Mass and drive up to 3 hours to fish and find my own ice. I was out in central mass just yesterday on 6" of very good ice and got 5 bass and 5 pickerel and will be back at it in central mass again starting Tuesday. You have to just laugh at people that think they know who or what they are talking about. I didnt mention ANYONE by name like you do...make sure you know what you are talking about before you run your mouth!!!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2024, 11:25 AM »
Yup ok thanks for proving my point

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2024, 12:22 PM »
Yup ok thanks for proving my point

You have no point, you were wrong on every point you tried to make. Typical keyboard gangster that when proven WRONG cant come back with anything intelligent...LOL

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2024, 12:26 PM »
You live 3hrs away from us so to say there is all this ice all over is just ignorant

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 28, 2024, 01:21 PM »
Where do you live? There's ice from

Worcester to Pittsfield and everywhere in between. And if you live 3 hours from me, you must be out on the cape because I'm only 45 minutes to Charlton Worcester area

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2024, 01:24 PM »
I got no problem private messaging you. If you want to know where to go where there's ice. There's tons of ice all around still and I don't go out and Lisa have minimum 4 inches black. I'm not one of those guys to go out on two or two and a half inches. I just love the sport so I don't have a problem driving a couple hours to get to ice, especially when it's like it is this year

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2024, 02:30 PM »
That is very smart of you to offer a private messaging to lead him to safe ice. An excellent way to end negativity. I'm glad that you left the ball in his court and commend you for sharing some of your spots. Thats more than alot of members on here would do.You've gained my respect as a member. Congrats.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
MA

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2024, 05:44 PM »
Papa Sly (mike) is probably one the nicest most generous people I've ever fished with.  He and others like myself will drive 2hrs to find good ice if need be . It's 1½ hrs from Scituate to the Worcester area where there was 6" of solid ice. I've driven 2 hours for a month strait for early or late ice.  You either want to make the journey or you don't. But don't say there's no safe ice within a reasonable distance . If the rolls were reversed and Plymouth or the cape had first and last ice I would make the trip there. Nothing wrong with not wanting to travel far, just don't complain and say there's no ice around.
Lastly try acting like an adult. This isn't tic tok 🎣

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 28, 2024, 06:42 PM »
Thank you Keith and jigger. I really hate when people that don't know me make assumptions about me and it's one thing to make an assumption and it's another post it. But I'm glad there's two guys with a lot of credit ability on this site. That just stuck up for me. Obviously proves he doesn't know what he's talking about

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 28, 2024, 06:45 PM »
Papa Sly (mike) is probably one the nicest most generous people I've ever fished with.  He and others like myself will drive 2hrs to find good ice if need be . It's 1½ hrs from Scituate to the Worcester area where there was 6" of solid ice. I've driven 2 hours for a month strait for early or late ice.  You either want to make the journey or you don't. But don't say there's no safe ice within a reasonable distance . If the rolls were reversed and Plymouth or the cape had first and last ice I would make the trip there. Nothing wrong with not wanting to travel far, just don't complain and say there's no ice around.
Lastly try acting like an adult. This isn't tic tok 🎣
There is good ice around and these past two seasons have sucked. Both things can be true at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive. Calling people lazy and insulting people simply because they don't have the time/money/health/etc to drive 4-6 hours a day to fish is worse than somebody complaining about a poor season. Defending him because he's your friend just makes this site even less inclusive and more dead than it already is. I've witnessed the guy argue with more people on this site than everyone else combined. If that doesn't say something I don't know what will.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:04 PM »
That's because there's a lot of guys out here that love this sport and when you get people that go on here and say there's no safe ice anywhere when there is they're lying. Part of ice fishing is getting off your butt off the couch and I'll behind the TV or off the computer and going out and finding the safe ice yourself. We all have to do that. That's what part of this fishing is not sitting at home and posting and asking people where to go. I'm always more than willing to private message people and let them know where I've been and where is safe. If those are the people I know that will do the same for me and not the people that just sit on their butt at home and want everybody to tell him where to go. How to get there? What kind of bait they're using? Home Depot water they're in

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #23 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:13 PM »
There is good ice around and these past two seasons have sucked. Both things can be true at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive. Calling people lazy and insulting people simply because they don't have the time/money/health/etc to drive 4-6 hours a day to fish is worse than somebody complaining about a poor season. Defending him because he's your friend just makes this site even less inclusive and more dead than it already is. I've witnessed the guy argue with more people on this site than everyone else combined. If that doesn't say something I don't know what will.
I'll stick to my comment . Been doing this ice fishing thing since the 70's , long before this website or Facebook!
Not gonna argue or debate my opinions.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:22 PM »

He offered the guy some of the spots where there is safe ice. How many people on here would do that. What better way to stop an argument. For that I commend him.
MA

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #25 on: Jan 28, 2024, 07:57 PM »
He offered the guy some of the spots where there is safe ice. How many people on here would do that. What better way to stop an argument. For that I commend him.

He's just like me and many other good people here. Never refused anyone that private messaged asking for help.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2024, 09:57 AM »

He's just like me and many other good people here. Never refused anyone that private messaged asking for help.

I've got in petty arguments with Papa over the years, no name calling, more a difference of opinions.  He went out of his way to PM me areas with good ice last year.  Couple guys one here who can walk to their striper boats in the summer and fill with a couple grand in fuel complain about spending $40 in gas to ice fish.  Instead they are couch quarterbacks and complain on here about the lack of ice.  Def some crummy seasons but if you want to got on ice you can.
westernmas on the finder

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2024, 10:12 AM »
I've got in petty arguments with Papa over the years, no name calling, more a difference of opinions.  He went out of his way to PM me areas with good ice last year.  Couple guys one here who can walk to their striper boats in the summer and fill with a couple grand in fuel complain about spending $40 in gas to ice fish.  Instead they are couch quarterbacks and complain on here about the lack of ice.  Def some crummy seasons but if you want to got on ice you can.
Exactly correct!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 29, 2024, 10:17 AM »

Exactly thank you bro, I always post that there is good ice if there is. I only tell the people that I know where because a few years ago I told a guy and he was new and didnt spud and went through and then blamed me for telling him where I was, and I did feel really bad. I didnt know he was new and didnt even know what a spud is. I love to fish with people and will help anyone if they need it. Just DONT come on here and say no ice when there is.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Jan 29, 2024, 11:48 AM »
Words and stuff. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.