The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eels through the ice  (Read 890 times)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
Eels through the ice
« on: Dec 02, 2006, 01:58 PM »
I know, i know, this is going to be one stupid POS topic, but some of us are really interested.  There was a time that I thought Cats through the ice was impossible, and lo and behold I've landed several in my days.  Now I've learned that some people actually target carp through the ice and get em, so why not try eels.

Look, I am one of those fool who is a die hard eel fisherman, and was wondering if maybe, just maybe, someone out there might have hit an eel through the ice.  The voice of God would need to interject in order to find out if there is someone who actually targets them through the ice.  I know that 90 percent of eels actually outmigrate to the warm waters of Delaware Bay, but I know that some must stay behind, especially in lakes.  Who knows, someone out there probably ice fishes the Delaware and may have fallen on a spot overrun with wintertime eels.  They must hole up somewhere.  Hey guys, feel free to laugh at me for this one, but inquiring minds want to know.  MIKE, FRANK, please, just keep it civil, i can only wonder what you fools are going to write me back at this one.  Thanx in advance for any info.  December 8th can't get here fast enough.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

MikeThePike

Re: Eels through the ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2006, 10:40 AM »
Eels thru the ice? and they let you become a doctor???? Actually I get em all the time at Laurel buddy  ;)

If your lake ain't ready by the 8th give me a call and maybe my little reservoir will be. As long as you don't mind a mile or so hike back. I think 5 tip-ups could cover the entire thing and I'm still not sure whats even in the thing. I know bass and gills but Yuri claims he used to get cats. With the depth who knows what else could be in there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.