The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: That's All Folks  (Read 2449 times)

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That's All Folks
« on: Mar 22, 2021, 09:26 AM »
In all likelihood, this past weekend is going to be my last one on the ice.  I'd say any ice around here will required waders to get onto and any ice worth fishing in NY/VT is 3+ hours away.  I did however end it with a bang.  I had my best day of laker fishing ever on Saturday.  I got there at about 530 and Matt wasn't far behind.  We marked fished in 40 feet and both got the skunk off quickly.  The action wasn't fast and furious so we moved over to the area that I had fished the weekend prior.  It was the right choice and by the time Matt got over there I had pulled 6 lakers onto the ice.  The next hour plus of fishing was insane and I didn't get many pics since there were just too many fish on my flasher to care.  The bite died down substantially after about 1030, we were off the ice by about 130, with approximately 30 lakers between the two of us with the biggest maybe hitting 24 inches.  One of the lakers was donated to a resident bald eagle who took notice to all the fish we were pulling up.

All in all the season was quite slow for me but I got out at least once a week since late November, explored some new places, and filleted more freshwater fish than I have in my life.  I'm already looking forward to next season, especially since I added a new toy to the fleet.  It is going to open up a heck of a lot more water than ever before.  Good luck to everyone on the open water.  Catch ya on my fish finder.

westernmas on the finder

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: That's All Folks
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2021, 01:14 PM »
nice way to end the season :thumbsup:

Offline bogtrotter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2021, 04:08 PM »
Wow, those are some nice fish!  Congratulations!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2021, 07:13 AM »
Pat did I see that correctly you caught an otter?

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Pat did I see that correctly you caught an otter?

Yeah like a month ago targeting pike.
westernmas on the finder

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2021, 08:39 AM »
Yeah like a month ago targeting pike.
That is great what a catch

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2021, 09:16 AM »
Nice job Pat.

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2021, 07:28 PM »
Yes, definitely a great way to end the season. Hope open water is good also and we'll hit the hard water December.

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Good season Pat. Was a pleasure fishing with you a bunch this season. we checked some new waters and some new styles of fishing this season which is more then i could have asked for! Next year, I am tackling walleye, carp, and the biggest browns i can locate thru the ice  ;D
no we just gotta get manny to retire ;D

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2021, 03:15 PM »
The fat lady had stopped singing here in S Ont. and gone home
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline manitron

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 25, 2021, 01:07 PM »
Good season Pat. Was a pleasure fishing with you a bunch this season. we checked some new waters and some new styles of fishing this season which is more then i could have asked for! Next year, I am tackling walleye, carp, and the biggest browns i can locate thru the ice  ;D
no we just gotta get manny to retire ;D

Great work guys all season long. Retirement may be a couple years off.
Being on ice is nice but the tug is the drug.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 26, 2021, 11:34 AM »
Yeah, the season here in MA was over last month....Well at least the eastern half of the state.
I was contemplating a trip to NH, but after considering the time and distance to travel, I  didn't want to risk the travel and not be able to get out on the ponds I wanted to hit. So I am officially "throwing in the towel" for this season.

I will be packing the ice gear away until Nov/Dec, and bringing out the open water gear and getting the kayak ready!

Tight lines to all, and have a safe and fun year!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.