The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: If you want JawJackers legalized................  (Read 1970 times)

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If you want JawJackers legalized................
« on: Mar 01, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Get your comments in by noon tomorrow! The PF&BC Meeting is on Wednesday (see below)

The PFBC will conduct a meeting of the Law Enforcement Committee on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.  Due to the continued public health concerns related to COVID-19, the meeting will be held online with Commissioners and PFBC staff participating remotely.

One item for discussion during this meeting will be authorized ice-fishing devices.

The public may view a live stream of the meeting by visiting the agency's Facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/PAFishandBoat.

Because this meeting is being held in a virtual format, the process for accepting public comment will be different than an in-person gathering.  Public comments pertaining to the agenda can be submitted by calling (717) 705-7846 now through Tuesday, March 2 at 12:00 p.m.  Recorded comments will be limited to 5 minutes and will be presented to Commissioners prior to the meeting.

The full agenda for the meeting can be found on the PFBC's website, here: http://ow.ly/FM3450DMWJJ
Where's the FISH?!

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: If you want JawJackers legalized................
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Get your comments in by noon tomorrow! The PF&BC Meeting is on Wednesday (see below)

The PFBC will conduct a meeting of the Law Enforcement Committee on Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.  Due to the continued public health concerns related to COVID-19, the meeting will be held online with Commissioners and PFBC staff participating remotely.

One item for discussion during this meeting will be authorized ice-fishing devices.

Hey people speak now or forever hold your peace. They are doing what we want them to do. They’re listening.

The public may view a live stream of the meeting by visiting the agency's Facebook page, here: https://www.facebook.com/PAFishandBoat.

Because this meeting is being held in a virtual format, the process for accepting public comment will be different than an in-person gathering.  Public comments pertaining to the agenda can be submitted by calling (717) 705-7846 now through Tuesday, March 2 at 12:00 p.m.  Recorded comments will be limited to 5 minutes and will be presented to Commissioners prior to the meeting.

The full agenda for the meeting can be found on the PFBC's website, here: http://ow.ly/FM3450DMWJJ

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2021, 05:06 PM »
Public comments pertaining to the agenda can be submitted by calling (717) 705-7846 now through Tuesday, March 2 at 12:00 p.m.  Recorded comments will be limited to 5 minutes and will be presented to Commissioners prior to the meeting.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2021, 09:00 PM »
I called and left this comment "I think the PBFC should include automatic fish-hooking devices as acceptable ice-fishing tackle. Many fisherman own these devices. They are used in other states and are in catalogs and on sporting shows. They prevent fish from swallowing hooks, so you can release them. They are similar to tip-ups and tip-downs which have been around for years. If you want to see how true sportsmen feel about these devices go to ice shanty.com"
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2021, 06:47 AM »
Come on folks- only a few hours left!(ends at NOON)  GET YOUR COMMENTS IN! I just called and gave them my thoughts on the subject. Hope many of us do the same!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:18 AM »
I don’t even use one but I made the quick call to leave a message.  I support my fellow anglers out there using these devices and similar ones for successful catch and release or successful catching in general.  Hope their inbox is flooded.  Stay safe!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:38 AM »
THANKS Mumbleseed- much appreciated!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline fleasimbeck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Called in for the legalization of jaw jacker type of icefishing equipment with support from the St. Mary's Sportsmen Club.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2021, 08:47 AM »
Thanks for posting this.

I figured calling would be best so that is what I did.

Offline Captn66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2021, 09:23 AM »
I emailed them my comments awhile ago, but also called

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2021, 11:15 AM »
Well, THANKS to everyone who called or e-mailed your comments! Hope there was a bunch of us, and we made a difference!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:57 AM »
If anybody follows the live stream this morning please post a summary of what you heard here. I have a meeting this morning so I can;t follow along!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2021, 11:42 AM »
Ok- haven’t had time to listen to the whole thing yet, but apparently the Law Enforcement and Fisheries staff support ALLOWING these devices!  @)

Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2021, 11:47 AM »
They drafted changes in the wording (underlined) that specifically ALLOW them!

Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2021, 11:52 AM »
These changes still need to be voted on at the April PF&BC meeting, but this is a HUGE step! 😎 And it sounds like the commissioners are leaning towards voting FOR it............... 🤞

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2021, 06:00 PM »
Good job guys!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2021, 11:25 AM »
These changes still need to be voted on at the April PF&BC meeting, but this is a HUGE step! 😎 And it sounds like the commissioners are leaning towards voting FOR it............... 🤞

I nominate Ruttnutt for automatic Hooker of the year.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:45 PM »
🤣🤣🤣 You give me WAY too much credit!  ;)

All I did was call in my comments, like others. And report what happened in the meeting.

But I THANK those who brought this issue to the PF&BC’s attention!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline fatboy8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2021, 12:59 PM »
No better time to approve them. Now time to pick a few up heavily discounted.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.