The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Over-At lease for me  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Over-At lease for me
« on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:36 AM »
Well it looks like spring is around the corner and open water more likely than ice before I’ll have a chance to get back out.

Just pausing to say thanks to the guys that share advice and provide updates on condition, reports etc.. and wish you all a safe final few days (hopefully weeks).  Best  of luck in the next season.

God bless and stay safe.

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Over-At lease for me
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:48 AM »
U to. Should get another week or 2 in the northern part of pa

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2021, 07:16 AM »
I might get out once or twice but I just haven't been fired up about it this year. The times I have been out were pretty bad for the most part and I find myself looking forward to spring.

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2021, 08:37 AM »
I am looking to get out this Friday with any luck. With the forecasted temps the next week I thing we will be finished.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2021, 06:01 AM »
just saw the forecast. Definitely have to get out this weekend. Might take a day off early next week too.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2021, 07:21 AM »
You wanna try to catch that monster shiner at Promised Land Spider? I'll meet you at Lower Lake in mornin'!  ;) ;D
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2021, 09:17 AM »
It was over for me on February 28 was on Presque Isle Bay off of Chestnut I saw with the wind and water on top of the ice and a few hrs loose 3 inches of ice misery bay was shot Monday They had a  Ice rescue on misery Bay...They also had ice rescues on the main bay off of Chestnut stay safe men.  So we have next year for all tight lines time for the soft water boat is ready hope to hit the water soon be safe guys
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2021, 04:14 PM »
Well, it’s officially OVER for me!

[/youtube]

Fished our private pond on Monday after work. Ice was fine- measured 13”. Went back yesterday and was shocked to find only 7”! 😳 (YES! Lost 6” in 24 hours!)

Spider was SPOT ON! All that white ice turns to $&%# FAST!  ::)

Gotta get the kayak ready now!

Where's the FISH?!

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2021, 05:19 AM »
I got contractors coming to my house to put on a sunroom next week, right where I keep my kayak for the winter. Gotta move it out of the way... maybe I'll put it on the truck for a week ;D

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Those projects sometimes take a while Spider.  Might as well just keep the kayak in the truck all year.  Send me a text picture of the sunroom when done.   Thinking of one myself.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2021, 11:02 AM »
I put all my stuff away last night. It’s all done for me. Come on October!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2021, 07:13 AM »
I packed my ice gear away last night, all except the sled... I got repairs to make. This afternoon I'll dig out the kayaks and get them ready for open water!

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2021, 02:31 PM »
I hit Promised Land Tuesday morning. I took my boot with the chain ice cleat and rubbed it four or five times on top of the ice; I took an 1 1/2 off the top of the white crappy stuff. Figured that was the last trip.
Put my stuff away Wednesday morning.

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2021, 10:16 PM »
Putting my gear away tomorrow. The one thing I am going to do is remove my blades and send them out to be sharpened.  I have been putting it off and then when the season starts I remember but say oh I’ll do it next year. Well tomorrow is that day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.