The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eelpout  (Read 1716 times)

Offline jstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Eelpout
« on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:20 AM »
Is the Eelpout festival canceled this year.

Offline Skadi

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eelpout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2021, 05:55 PM »
No more pout festival  >:( but something in Walker on the 3rd weekend of Feb called a block party is in the works.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:16 PM »
Went for years and not surprised at all it's done. It was fun when it wasn't bought and run by Leisure Outdoors. Theres always been an issue with trash cleanup and I never understood why. If you're going to go out on the ice, pick your crap up!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2021, 06:28 AM »
Went for years and not surprised at all it's done. It was fun when it wasn't bought and run by Leisure Outdoors. Theres always been an issue with trash cleanup and I never understood why. If you're going to go out on the ice, pick your crap up!

We went a couple times back in the late 80s when I was a kid, and it was a trashy zoo even back then. We never went back after 1989 or so. I'm not surprised the plug got pulled on it, either, given how much bigger it had gotten, and how much slobbier people tend to be outdoors now.

The Lake Bemidji ice derby was always a giant mess too back then. I think we went to that once. My Dad pretty much always made sure to fish elsewhere when it was going on.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2021, 09:27 AM »
The drunken boobs and slobs basically ruined it all, just like always.  I haven't been to one since 2001. :%$#!:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2021, 03:14 PM »
The drunken boobs and slobs basically ruined it all, just like always.  I haven't been to one since 2001. :%$#!:
Agree 1000%

I used to take a week of vacation to fish an open water river derby here every July for several years, but gave up on it a few years ago. The slobby litterbugs and drunken buffoonery just got to be too much for me.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2021, 01:41 PM »
I went last year to Brainard Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravagana in MN.  I would recommend this 3 hr. Tournament to all.  Rate it a 11 out of 10. Bought my ticket again but covid through a wrench in plans to return yesterday.  Fish Donkey handled it this time did anyone get a fish registered? Anyone know how many fish were registered in all?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.