The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shanty rentals info needed  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shanty rentals info needed
« on: Dec 09, 2020, 08:27 PM »
So my anniversary is in late January and my wife just said to me...”I think we should take a trip to MN and stay in a shanty for a week for our anniversary...” not sure if this is a trick yet but I am looking for some places and info for shanty rentals for a few days to a week. Can anyone help me out with some info?

Looking for a place that rents out a shanty with some amenities like a bathroom and kitchen or a cabin on a lake with a shanty we can go back and forth.

No idea how I got so lucky with my wife....
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Shanty rentals info needed
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2020, 11:58 AM »
quite a few places on lake of the woods that have that type of set up

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:24 PM »
quite a few places on lake of the woods that have that type of set up

Thank you, I will look into that.
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline cityfishn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2021, 01:51 PM »
I'm sure you already have this figured out, but if you want to go somewhere like Mille Lacs, check out the south end and a place called Beachside Resort. https://www.beachsidemn.com They have nice, new wheelhouses or cabins on the shore if you don't want to stay out on the ice. It's cute and quaint.

If you want to stay more nearby Mpls, yet still feel up north, I'd recommend, RelOutdoors on Lake Minnetonka. They have a really nice hotel nearby (Hotel Landing) for a special night there for your anniversary and then you can do a night or so in the wheelhouse with RelOutdoors. They'll put you on the fish and they are VERY accommodating to your needs.

Anyway, a good compromise so you can keep the marriage happy and keep coming back.

Good luck, Cityfishn

Online zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2021, 03:10 PM »
Try Cookies on Red Lake...restaurant too.....
Plus, if you fall through on Red, you're probably only gonna be waist deep most places  :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.