The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Carry bay  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Profish169

• IceShanty Rookie
Carry bay
« on: Apr 06, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Hey just wondering how the ice was on carry or if you can even get on wanted to try to make one more trip up. Also where is the closest bait shop with bait still to there

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: Carry bay
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Bring a long plank you’ll need it and idk about bait dockside hasn’t had shiners since he got pinched by f&w
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline perchhauler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Bills sporting goods behind a and b, fished there last weekend the bay was a deadzone

Offline Dickeymodo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Fished Carry last Saturday and caught a lot of bass, all on tip-ups. Got bait at Bills. Ice was around 18", but I'm sure it's worse now.

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2019, 03:22 PM »
I fished Dillenback today along with a few others. Access was difficult but we decided to try it. Right around noon the ice appeared to be changing rapidly especially from underneath and it was telling us it was time to get off. With the rain and now sun and warm weather we would have gotten wet if we stayed out. I have decided that the end of my ice season has happened. Cleaning up all my clothing and storing the gear. Bring on open water.

I'll add this as a caution for people unfamiliar with ice...don't let several inches of ice lull you into believing it will hold you up. At some point it gets water logged and will suddenly collapse. When drilling and the spoil turns from shavings to chunks and chards it is close to going away.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline LittleFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2019, 12:05 PM »
better bring a buddy if any attempt is made - ice is not going to be good anymore.
Load it, Drive it, Park it
Bait it, Jig it, Hook it
Catch it, Clean it, Cook it
Simply put just get out/ and do it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.