Author Topic: Kingston, Ontario, Back Lakes  (Read 227027 times)

Offline stukkie

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kingston, Ontario, Back Lakes
« Reply #1230 on: Feb 04, 2024, 03:09 PM »
Got out to the go-to lake Friday and today, bit slow Friday but today much better and quite a few families out which is good to see the kids having fun. Ice is about 9"s but you need cleats to walk safely. Saw two 4 wheelers drive through the west narrow area??? They came back several hrs late so may have a check that out on foot. Should be a nice week. @)
    Stay Safe

Offline archie126

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1231 on: Feb 06, 2024, 06:59 PM »
Hi there. Looking for ice conditions on Dog Lake if you’ve been recently?

Offline stukkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1232 on: Feb 08, 2024, 02:37 PM »
I haven't been lately but I can say Battersea beach, Milburn Bay will have good ice to walk out so I would think the Three Cat's is also good but if your after splake I would be very careful. :non
           Stay Safe

Offline caygeon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1233 on: Feb 10, 2024, 07:55 AM »
Well fishing the back lakes is in my calendar today but of course I’m questioning the ice conditions. I’m hearing lake edges, access points are problematic. Any insights out there?

Offline caygeon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1234 on: Feb 10, 2024, 12:03 PM »
Well I’m out on Sydenham Lake. Just by the main launch. Only fool out here. 5” black ice with 3” of punk on top. No action yet.

Offline coryandross

• IceShanty Rookie
  • can't wait to hit the ice
« Reply #1235 on: Feb 14, 2024, 11:59 AM »
Hey there folks I’m going to be in the Kingston area for the weekend I was  hoping somebody could give me some info on ice conditions. I have never fish in this area so any help would be greatly appreciated.
be safe out there, and tight lines to all!

Offline Hamma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1236 on: Feb 17, 2024, 06:54 AM »
I was out in Verona vesterday

Great ice, top layer is a bit crusty but 8” of black ice underneath where I was
Pike were hungry yesterday

Caught a nice fish but lost my cell phone down the hole 🥲

Offline leviathan_slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1237 on: Feb 17, 2024, 10:46 AM »
Good day to all,

Saw the report from yesterday about ice at Verona Lake. Going to check it out today with a tentative fishing day on Monday. For those heading out over next few days tight lines and be safe.

Will post later today the ice conditions.

Don
a.k.a. leviathan_slayer
Don a.k.a. Leviathan_slayer

Offline leviathan_slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1238 on: Feb 18, 2024, 10:14 AM »
Good day to all,

Checked out Verona Lake yesterday. The lake was snow covered (a couple of inches of loose snow). Drill several holes off of Salmon Lane out towards the mid-lake shoal. There is about 8 inches of ice - half of it black ice and the top 4 inches snow-pack ice. Relatively safe for walking on but taking any drivable machines out is not advisable as some pressure cracks did not seem as solid. Anyway, may try tomorrow to walk and fish provided the winds die down.

Anyway, tight lines to all and be safe if you do venture out this Family Day weekend.

Don
a.k.a. leviathan_slayer
Don a.k.a. Leviathan_slayer

Offline caygeon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1239 on: Feb 18, 2024, 12:54 PM »
I was on Loborough yesterday near the west/south end. Consistent 5-6 inches of black ice across from bank to bank where we went. Marked ton of fish after sunset between 25-75 feet but could even get one to move towards a lure or minnow. Frustrating.

Offline nachotime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1240 on: Feb 19, 2024, 06:18 PM »
Was thinking of trying out that way soon. Was that out from Davidsons?

Offline GD Mosey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1241 on: Feb 25, 2024, 06:54 AM »
Thinking of heading out to Verona shortly. Anyone know the current ice conditions?

Offline GD Mosey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1242 on: Feb 25, 2024, 11:41 AM »
Went out to Verona this morning. I saw two guys out there. Didn't get a chance to speak with them as I was too scared to walk out on the ice. (if two guys were fishinging on Verona this morning and saw a guy lingering and smoking that was me hahaha).
I then drove out to Dog lake and again, saw some people on the far side from the boat launch. I drilled some holes. 4" of black, 4" of white. I sat for maybe 15, and the noises scared me off haha. Hope everyone else had a better go.

Stay safe.

Offline caygeon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1243 on: Feb 25, 2024, 01:04 PM »
I was on Verona yesterday just for a couple hours at sunset. 6” black ice with another 4” white on top. No snow and slick so kids were skating all over the lake. I was surprised to see only a couple others out there. Fish were lively.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.