Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Kingston, Ontario, Back Lakes

<< < (218/249) > >>

leviathan_slayer:
Well ice fishing season has definitely come to an end for the 2020/21 season. I am going to keep posting in this forum throughout the coming months and hopefully it will give some ideas for ice fishing this coming winter.

Will be picking up my first fishing kayak next month so this will give me opportunity to try some different lakes that I would normally not got to as my boat is not easily launched from some of the smaller lakes. As well, it will be a good opportunity to try out the Deeper Pro+ sonar and map charting device I bought which will help with creating bathymetric maps for some of the smaller lakes that are not charted in Navionics.

Anyway, stay safe, stay healthy and tight lines to all!

Don

a.k.a. leviathan_slayer

caygeon:
Started my 2022 season on Fourth Depot Lake today. Pretty consistent 5 inches of good ice everywhere I went. Fished two of the main lake points 12-25 feet of water.

Pretty slow. 1 walleye below slot, 1 pike, 2 perch.

leviathan_slayer:
Good day and Happy New Year to all,

Ice is slowly becoming safer each and every day with some lakes already seeing anglers out and a few shacks in place. However, the up and down temperatures mean you should always be careful heading out.

I did a drive around the area between Kingston and Perth and most lakes were frozen over with between 4-6 “ of ice. There are shacks out on Verona, Howes, Elbow, St. George, Eagle, Silver, and Wolfe Lakes.

Be careful, be safe and tight lines to all!

Don
a.k.a. leviathan_slayer

leviathan_slayer:
Good day to y'all,

Heading out to Thirteen Island Lake tomorrow afternoon to do a little ice fishing. With just over 12,000 yearling walleye being stocked there in 2018, it should be interesting to see what we can find after 4 years of growth/survival. Will keep you posted

Don
a.k.a. leviathan_slayer

MarkM:
Good luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version