Author Topic: Best price on an ice suit for Christmas  (Read 1430 times)

Offline moosehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Best price on an ice suit for Christmas
« on: Nov 21, 2008, 12:42 PM »
OK, I want to get an Ice Suit for myself this Christmas.
Looking at either the Ice Armor or the Artic Armor.

The best price I see for the Ice armor is $249. The local Gander Mountain has them so a plus that I can try it on for size. No one around here carries the Artic Armor that I know of. Thought Dicks carried them bot no sign yet.

If anyone finds any good deals on either of these, can you please post them.

Hoping to get the best deal that I can.

thanks

"I used to lose my temper in arguments, until someone told me, 'Cooler heads prevail.'
Thus began my collection in the basement freezer."

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teammittencopy-2.gif[/img ]

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
Re: Best price on an ice suit for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2008, 12:59 AM »
Just got my new camo Artic Armor suit.  NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Got it on the internet from www.profishingsupply.c om.  They are in Minnesota.  If you order out of state there is no sales tax, they have free shipping and they throw in a free pair of Artic Armor gloves.  Plus if you go through the ice the suit will keep you afloat!!!  It cost $339.  Well worth the money!!  Check them out, excellent to work with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline swirusek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2008, 06:28 AM »
I got mine from profishingsupply.com too.
Paid 320 for the red and black with free gloves , free shipping and no tax
Cant belive it how light the suit is

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I love my IDI Arctic Armor suit. If the unfortunate happens and I accidentally do go through the ice, this suit floats. You can get them right through Iceshanty -->  http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/iceshanty_store/
Ken                                          

Offline moosehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Well I hear that Dicks will be carrying the Ice armor suits in both the Blue and Grey versions. Hope they get them in before Spring.
"I used to lose my temper in arguments, until someone told me, 'Cooler heads prevail.'

[IMG]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s146/MattGski/teammittencopy-2.gif[/img ]

Offline moosehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Dicks is now carrying the IDI suits. Just picked one up for Christmas. Boy will I be surprised when I find that under the tree.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2008, 07:59 PM »
I love my IDI Arctic Armor suit. If the unfortunate happens and I accidentally do go through the ice, this suit floats. You can get them right through Iceshanty -->  http://www.iceshanty.com/iceshanty/iceshanty_store/

I put one of those on my Chrstmas list from Santa. In fact, it's the thing on my Christmas list that Santa will probably get me because she worries about me ice fishing and loves the idea of a floating suit.

One question I have is I read elsewhere that a guy had bought one and said it wasn't warm and his back gets cold. Any of you guys that have used these for a season have any insight on that?

Offline db1561

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My weekend home!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2008, 07:44 PM »
I put one of those on my Chrstmas list from Santa. In fact, it's the thing on my Christmas list that Santa will probably get me because she worries about me ice fishing and loves the idea of a floating suit.

One question I have is I read elsewhere that a guy had bought one and said it wasn't warm and his back gets cold. Any of you guys that have used these for a season have any insight on that?

I was that guy with the cold spots... What I discovered is that you need to layer with this suit.. i just thought it was going to be warm enough for minimum under layers.. I just wear polyprops as my 1st layer.. a wool sweater for my second a medium weight fleece 3rd  and the AA suit.. The bibs are for some reason a whole lot warmer than the jacket but once I did the layer thing it is still half as bulky as i use to be with my gov issue parka but 100 times more water proof and a 1000 times more floatable! <<< spelling?  I really have gotten to like this suit just for the light weight alone..

I hope this helped

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.