The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: What do you use for a stove?  (Read 3189 times)

Offline spearchucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
What do you use for a stove?
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I built my own stove from a piece of 1/8" AR plate, and the burner from a turkey barn stove. I built it with a flat top so I can cook on it. I spear last year in -23 actual temp and I only needed the valve open 1/4 turn to sit in a sweatshirt. I'll post pics soon.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: What do you use for a stove?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:14 PM »
I built my own stove from a piece of 1/8" AR plate, and the burner from a turkey barn stove. I built it with a flat top so I can cook on it. I spear last year in -23 actual temp and I only needed the valve open 1/4 turn to sit in a sweatshirt. I'll post pics soon.

I just use a Mr Heater with the atachment to hook up on a full size propain tank,the hose goes through a hole in the shanty.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:22 PM »
I use the big buddy heater and take along my one burner coleman backpacking stove if I want to cook.  Ussually though,  I just set a can of soup on the Big Buddy heater to warm it up.

Offline wiscowalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:28 PM »
I have pretty much the same set-up as higgins except it is the Mr.Heater/cooker so can flip on it's side and do a bit of cooking...I have the hose adapter so can hookup the big tank...but is also nice if walking in I can leave the hose off and use the little cylinders.  ;D

Offline Whatpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 11:00 PM »
Big Buddy heater with a 20 lb tank.
"Isn't he precious." My daughter looking at a 12" walleye
"The Green Hornet strikes again!"

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:28 PM »
big buddy heater small bottles that I refill from my 20 lb tank unless over night then directly to the big bottle
 on sale from cabelas for 99 dollars thats 99dollars  :o :o :o :o :o :ojust bought it about week ago

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.