IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

ice fishing sled

(1/1)

Papa Sly:
looking to make a new sled good on both ice and snow that will fit in back of my SUV. Anybody have any creative pictures???

meandcuznalfy:

This is what i did, jet sled jr, fits in the van.

hardwater diehard:
X2 on the Jet Sled and a Smitty ..the Jet sleds comes in many sizes of varying lengths and widths .Last season I purchased the Jet Sled XL and added the wear bar kit ...I couldnt be happier it pulls quite well fully loaded ...and with a Smitty even better on the days that require its use ...XL fits in my Xterra just fine. I have an Otter sled which is the same size ...although its a really tough and strong sled ..it is a real pain to pull by hand . Its now the wood sled for days with groups of anglers for fire on the ice ..and is towed by ATV/Snowmobile .

badger132:
My old sled is made from a Jet Sled Jr. and a plywood box on top to make it the right size to sit on. It was sized to fit in the back of a Pontiac Vibe sideways.
I used framing splices from Home Depot to secure the plywood on top of the sled. I customized it over the years to carry rods, pole holders, my shovel, drill/auger setup, spud for checking thin ice, and of course the Ice Shanty flag. I still use it for early ice, but mainly use a snowmobile with a custom box when the ice is thick enough. I did make a Smitty, but it was more for when the ice is rough, and I am pulling behind a snowmobile. I have punched holes in the sled on rough ice before. The Jet Sled is really too thin for towing at speed.

cwavs1982:
Papa - not sure if you have seen this link on the Iceshanty, but the Sled Modes is one area that I often look to see if I can grab something that another member had thought of.  May give you some good ideas on what you are thinking.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=172918.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version