Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Mt tom

(1/5) > >>

RedRangerOAB:
Been a pretty good season so far my first season ice fishing got a few tips ups a jiging rod and a fish finder I caught some perch and a bunch of shiners jigging but have yet to catch a fish that continues to evade me even in the open water the trout I’ve been using jigging spoons with spikes mostly on the jigs and have been going to west hill pond but I get skunked every day I go there even a few days after it was stocked all I got is I felt one big hit and that was it so I think I want to go to a new spot this weekend even though west hill was just stocked again and since it’s probably my last chance to go this year I was looking at other spots that are also stocked and I saw this place near bantam call mount tom that was just stocked today and looked pretty good depth wise also didn’t see too popular so the fish wouldn’t be over fished so have any of you guys gone out there is it any good.

PikeKing23:
I can give you some info on Mt Tom, but I'm more interested in the shiners, lol.  PM me?

mungo544:
Highland was stocking at the boat launch when I was there on Wednesday.

RedRangerOAB:
I caught the shiners on a small widow maker jig and a spike I caught like 6 of them they where about the same size as the ones I had on my tip ups I didn’t keep them though they are at Wethersfield cove if you want to try to jig for some yourself I just keep getting shiners that day and nothing else but one perch

RedRangerOAB:
And I would go to highland I’ve been thinking about there too but mt tom is closer and if there are less people there I’d rather go to mt tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version