Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Ice... close, yet so far.

(1/4) > >>

zcm_82:
Checked a few ponds in Iroquois County today, since it was 12° this morning when I got up for work. All of them were skinned solid with half an inch, give or take a bit.

It will be gone by the end of the weekend, though...forecast is 40s and rain Saturday, then more 40s and sunshine Sunday-Tuesday.

Sylvanboat:
I am just west of Chicago. Same here. I don’t expect ice before Jan.

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: Sylvanboat on Dec 20, 2020, 07:12 AM ---I am just west of Chicago. Same here. I don’t expect ice before Jan.

--- End quote ---

Our first ice down around here is usually mid-January, but that teaser ice always gets my hopes up, even though I know it shouldn't  ::)

harpenter:
The teaser ice is always the worst.  Gives us so much false hope!  I know we're still weeks away from safe ice, but I'm dying to get out.  Watching all these ice fishing videos are killing me!

zcm_82:
If the rain misses us here Sunday, and they have the forecast close, I might be able to hit a puddle or two around here next weekend. Depends on the weather. I would say unlikely, but not totally out of the picture. A couple of them I fish lock up real fast once they have a good skin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version