The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 739 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Need some help
« on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:52 PM »
I wanted to ask a few questions about a lake that my permanent shanty is kept on. It's 187 acres and the majority of it is waters 7' or less. There are 4 holes in the lake with deeper water. The first ans largest is around 25' deep at roughly 10 acres. Another is 10' around 2 acres, a 13 around 2 acres and another 10' around 2 acres. The lake use to have a huge eurasian milfoil issue until the weeds were chemically treated a few years back. It seemed panfish and pike, this lake having a good population of them,  were easier to locate before the weeds were treated. Now there are vast flat barren areas. I am currently in around 6 fow with good bottom weeds and a few standing around me and around one hundred yards away from a ten foot hole. I have been seeing small gills and perch in two other evening sits and saw my first pike out of this spot this evening. I wonder since so much structure has been eradicated in the last couple years, would the pike have to roam more to locate food? and maybe I might have to wait longer between fish? Or should I get closer near the large deep hole on the edge? There is also a lack of contour, that is the changes in depth occur very slowly. I can remember before the eradication, pike would be found almost anywhere in the shallower water. Since the treatment, I've noticed it much more difficult to get over good water. If it helps, clarity is average with up to ten fow visibility.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline JimF

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:10 PM »
'Sent a PM..
Jimf

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Need some help
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2013, 08:01 PM »
My lake was also deweeded!!  I can't find my fish either!  Last year I'd see 15-20 per sit, I've seen five in 20+ hrs.  I'll take some advice too if your passing it out:)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.