Author Topic: ice fishing magazine  (Read 1808 times)

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
ice fishing magazine
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:12 PM »
Is there any ice fishing magazines out there that I could get to buy new equipment or any new technology before next ice fishing season?

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline CtTrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice fishing magazine
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Is there any ice fishing magazines out there that I could get to buy new equipment or any new technology before next ice fishing season?

In-Fisherman puts out an annual every year. It comes with one of those cards where you circle the little numbers for the ads for products you want more info on.

http://www.in-fisherman.com/magazine/guides/iceguide/

The magazine is awesome, imo.  I read it cover to cover, a couple or three times

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:25 PM »
In-Fisherman puts out an annual every year. It comes with one of those cards where you circle the little numbers for the ads for products you want more info on.

The magazine is awesome, imo.  I read it cover to cover, a couple or three times

Great Mag I look forward to it every year. I sure wish there was more Mags out there that would put out a Ice Fishing edition.

Bob

Offline CtTrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:27 PM »
Great Mag I look forward to it every year. I sure wish there was more Mags out there that would put out a Ice Fishing edition.

Bob

An edition? No! A monthly or bi-monthly. Year starting immediately following spring gobbler season lol. That's when you need it--during the summer months when you're longing for ice. By spring, I can almost recite the single annual edition, chapter and verse!

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:29 PM »

Bob
Nobody does it like the Linder Brothers

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:21 PM »
Nobody does it like the Linder Brothers

Ron and Al Lindner sold In-Fisherman years ago to Premedia which I think was bought by Intermedia. don`t quote me on that thou. Doug Stange who is the Editor in Chief of In-Fisherman is as good as it gets. IMO Stange and Larry Dahlberg are two of the best anglers in the industry,but again that`s my opinion.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2009, 05:42 PM »
An edition? No! A monthly or bi-monthly. Year starting immediately following spring gobbler season lol. That's when you need it--during the summer months when you're longing for ice. By spring, I can almost recite the single annual edition, chapter and verse!

I agree,but the open water season is longer and that`s why you don`t see it. I kid you not I`ve talked to alot open water fisherman who think it`s crazy to Ice Fish,let alone drive any kind of motor vehicle on the Ice. All I have to say is there is alot of anglers in this country missing out on a sport that is misunderstood because of cold weather and the fear of falling through the Ice to their death.

Bob

Offline jake/ny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I agree,but the open water season is longer and that`s why you don`t see it. I kid you not I`ve talked to alot open water fisherman who think it`s crazy to Ice Fish,let alone drive any kind of motor vehicle on the Ice. All I have to say is there is alot of anglers in this country missing out on a sport that is misunderstood because of cold weather and the fear of falling through the Ice to their death.

Bob
i love to fish open water and ice fish too many people are missing out but thats good in new york the lakes are gettin crowded

Offline CtTrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:22 PM »

Bob

Oh I know Bob but I know I'm among friends here since this is a dedicated ice fishing site. And you just had to go ahead and bring some reason and common sense to the thread  :laugh:

I've run into plenty of fair-weather "fishermen" with the same opinion of ice fishing for the same reasons, but I think a lot of it also has to do with the fact they are under the impression that it's just dropping a hook and figuring on sunnys all day and hoping for a bass or walleye to happen by. Too many trophy hunters who don't realize you can pull trophies through the ice and with that tiny chintzy (to them) gear  we use. And, too many now are dependent on fish finders--without them they're lost. Many don't have the skills of finding fish by depth map only if they're unfamiliar with the lake and don't have the knowledge of species behavior to apply what's on the depth map.  They know twilight/dusk + structure+ boat w/ lots of electronics = fish, and that's usually pretty much it.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:26 PM »
i love to fish open water and ice fish too many people are missing out but thats good in new york the lakes are gettin crowded

They get crowded because once a few Shanties get setup in a area other fisherman think that's where the hot bite is and setup there. Shanty Town then begins and in all actuality it may not be the hot bite.

Bob

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2009, 11:20 PM »

same here ;D ;D

Offline Nozzlejocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin...where God goes to relax!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2009, 08:05 AM »
FM used to put out 2-3 editions (early, mid, and late ice) of their ice magazine, but I get the impression that this year will only bring 1 into the mix.  The first one out didn't have any indication of time on it, only year.  Bummer in my opinion.  I suppose they have to make cuts someplace.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.