Author Topic: unfair  (Read 1200 times)

Offline eyesfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
unfair
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 01:02 PM »
I have made several attempts at posting pictures of an auger I recently purchased. I even made a thread titled Auger Conspiracy several days ago. Both threads have been deleted.

I sent a message to one of the moderators and have not heard a response. This leads me to believe that it is in the interest of the moderators of this forum to suppress any conspiracies regarding augers, perhaps because they hold a certain share of the pie (revenues) from the manufacturers. As rediculous as this sounds, this is the only reason that I can think of as to why only the posts that regard augers and the possibility that certain augers are made by the same manufacturer and are priced differently get deleted.

I meant to share my findings on this issue and attain some information from the forum members about their augers. This would be used to assemble a small database in the form of a sticky thread for all the members to refer to when looking to purchase an auger. However there seems to be a few who feel they would not benefit from this information becoming publicised.
While I can, I will say that the HT Enterprises Arctic Express auger that I recently purchased for $63 shipped looks an awful lot like the $85 Strikemaster Mora. I tried posting pictures of my new auger but the thread was quickly erased.

If any of the mods could explain to me why my posts have been deleted and id they can get them back up, then I will retract all of my conspiracy assumptions.

Get the flag!

Offline jigbounce

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got any biscuits for sale in there?
Re: unfair
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 03:25 PM »
hmm i did see your posts the other day.  That is weird! something is going on ???

Offline tundraboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:03 PM »
Conspiracy theory on augers hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Love to fish but live to hunt

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:26 PM »
I did see your auger conspracy post. makes you wonder though

Offline CtTrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2009, 04:35 PM »
I would think it would be moved to the equipment section if it didn't belong in this part--I didn't see the posts, but there seems to be plenty of threads with gripes with auger makers, the blades in particular. If the mods had a "piece of the pie," I'm sure other posts critical of auger mfg/quality would be deleted too.

Maybe the mods are being arbitrary--I haven't been around long enough. Though, it's not exactly fair suggesting they might be deleting posts because it is benefiting them personally, without offering some compelling proof.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Yep I bet the mods are making so much money from the sponsors that they are deleting post talking about other products and you know who is behind it all major league baseball, I know one of the mods and I can tell you he doesn't benefit in anyway from the sponsors if they did no good post about a vexilar would stay on here think about it :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:21 PM »
Yep I bet the mods are making so much money from the sponsors that they are deleting post talking about other products :tipup:

Im pretty sure mods dont get paid.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Im pretty sure mods dont get paid.
thats my point :tipup:

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:29 PM »
A lot of products you buy are probably made by a few different companies and then marketed by 10 times as many. This is common in the electronic industry.

I guess this really doesn't answer your question, now that I think about it. It could have been attitude issues with participants in the thread. I'm sure the mods like to keep this place happy, and are willing to delete them without warning.

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:43 PM »
this post has been up for 6 and a half hours i guess the mods dont care :tipup:

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 07, 2009, 10:16 PM »
lifes a #$%^& then ya catch a fish!! i wonder if there is a virous of something cuz i hear people are getting banned and alot of deleted posts..

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Try sending a PM to "Iceshanty".  He will straighten this out.  He has always been proud that this forum does not support one product and delete opposing views like is done on other forums.  This has always been a place for us to give our different opinions on all the products out there.  I'm sure that there is a computer glitch somewhere.  I did read on the missing thread that the "conspiracy" thread was written about was moved to the auger thread.  From all my experiences with the mods on here, they are a great group of people that are very helpful. 
Travis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.