Author Topic: Homeade Quickstrike Rig Question  (Read 952 times)

Offline WalleyeAdventurer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Homeade Quickstrike Rig Question
« on: Dec 15, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Hey guys so I'm looking to try and make my own quickstrike rigs.  I have some small 6 inch steel leaders so I was wondering if you guys think it'd work if I just took two of those, ran a swivel clip through the tops of both and then just attached treble hooks to the bottom of the leader clips?  Just looking to save some money.  Thanks
DILLY DILLY

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Homeade Quickstrike Rig Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2016, 05:37 PM »
I bought American Fishing wire and also Fluorocarbon fishing line and used metal sleeves that I crimped loops for the barrel swivels and tremble hooks.  Also attached small spinner as it makes it a lure and legal in some places.  Didn't save much money but got what I wanted and if it broke or failed it was my fault.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2016, 07:19 PM »
Dead bait??   That's how I would set it up if I was using dead bait..

Live bait is different I would get some 50 to 80 pound mono tyeable steel would be better..  tie a hook on one end and run the leader threw the eye of the other.. so the other hook is sliding on the leader.. so you can hook the sucker or other in the nose one trebel hook and the other treble hook in the back of the bait in other words size it to the bait with the sliding hook .. cause you don't know if that is a 3 inch sucker or 8 inch sucker or 5 inch perch or 3 inch perch and so on your using etc etc ..

From that point I run the leader to the tip up via barrel swivel .. above barrel swivel is a bead and a weight and a bead in that order... the beads have the main line ran threw them twice... To use as stops one for the weight the other for the rubber band trick.. with the rubber band trick I use it to stop the bait running and I use it to set hook a tad .. this pic is to show how to hang rubber band of tip up.. I did not run the rest of the main line threw eye of tip up in this photo so just the rubber band is in eye of tip up so make sure to do that..

Offline WalleyeAdventurer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Thanks guys for the help.  I will primarily be fishing with dead 5" sucker minnows.  Thanks for the detailed information chilly-willy.  That's good to know.
DILLY DILLY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.