Author Topic: perch search  (Read 1533 times)

Offline manual auger

• IceShanty Rookie
perch search
« on: Dec 30, 2007, 01:20 AM »
Hello fellow fisherman,
I am looking for a good perch lake/reservoir to take my family ice fishing for the weekend. Heard Aurora Reservoir is good, wondering if there is any ice there? Also, heard Boyd lake is good, wondering if there are any hot spots?

Offline steamer6

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: perch search
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2007, 08:06 PM »
Aurora has very little ice..Boyd is completely capped with 5-6inches solid...Went yesterday and slammed the fat bows..Try outside of Marina cove...Good luck on finding the Perch....

Offline manual auger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007, 03:45 AM »
Hey thanks a lot!I really appreciate the info!

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Welcome to the shanty newbies.   :laugh:
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline martyg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:48 PM »
Got a few very small perch today in the gravel pond at Chatfield.  Ice on the pond was about 6-8 inches thick out to about 75 yards from shore.  About 100+ yards from shore the thickness was about 4 inches.  I fished at 100 yards for a short time but headed back to thicker ice.  Started getting a little bit of thaw on top and so was pretty slick.  I saw a few other people on the gravel pond get a few - not sure what they were but looked small - I assume perch but not sure.   Also fished the big water at Chatfield near the swimming beach and no fish, no bites.  Ice there was maybe 6-8 inches.  Did not see anyone else catch anything on the big water as there were several small groups of people fishing it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.