Author Topic: Fishing Around Castle Rock???  (Read 3062 times)

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Fishing Around Castle Rock???
« on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:08 PM »
I usually make a couple of trips down there in the winter and was wondering if there is any place aroud CR to icefish. Don't much care about species but just looking to get my sis's boyfriend (from Georgia) on the ice and show him what it's about. Thanks in advance!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Husker95

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing Around Castle Rock???
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2011, 04:02 PM »
If we get a hard enough winter down in the valley you could hit Chatfield on the SW corner of the Denver Metro area - that would only be about a 30 min drive for you.  There's also Cherry Creek Res in Denver and Aurora Res on the East side of the metro area which would also be about 30 mins for you.  Each of these have trout, perch, walleye, etc.

If you're up for a 2 hour drive, you could hit 11 mile which is West of Colorado Springs.  11 Mile has good trout and Pike fishing.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Hey thanks Husker! Don't know if i'll actually get the chance or not but it's alway nice to have a place to go if the fam gets on my nerves during the holidays. I'm sure i'm the only one that feels like that hu? Anyway, thanks for the info!!

Offline huntnfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2011, 11:17 PM »
You can always try Palmer Lake or Monument Lake. Both are about halfway between Castle Rock and Colorado Springs.  You will mostly catch just stocker size trout, but you can usually get some good action and catch quite a few. 

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2011, 11:31 AM »
You can always try Palmer Lake or Monument Lake. Both are about halfway between Castle Rock and Colorado Springs.  You will mostly catch just stocker size trout, but you can usually get some good action and catch quite a few.
Thanks for the info huntnfish. Just would like to get my bro inlaw out on the ice for the first time.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:19 PM »
Can you use live bait and if you can, where would be the best place to get minners?

Offline CO_ICE_POSSE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Can you use live bait and if you can, where would be the best place to get minners?

Nope, lakes are both above 7000' 

Last time I read them, Colorado Regs state no live bait West of Continental Divide or above 7K'

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.