The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: DNR Fishing Report  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
DNR Fishing Report
« on: Dec 14, 2017, 07:35 AM »
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline perchjunkie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yellow Bellies Rock!
Re: DNR Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Had a post on my FB page yesterday. A friend limited out on crappies on 3" of clear ice. Too early for me. It's getting rel close! ;)
"Save Some For Seed ! "

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:03 PM »
Dang that is some awesome news. I'm sure I'll see ya out there soon. Have you checked out Cedar? I'll plan on scouting it tomorrow.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline perchjunkie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yellow Bellies Rock!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:11 PM »
I haven't fished Cedar in years I try to hit the Ausable River. backwaters, van ettan or the bay. Good luck and save some for seed!
"Save Some For Seed ! "

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Awesome, see ya out there. Good luck to you & Always do!

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2017, 07:09 AM »

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:37 AM »
04JAN2018 Weekly Fishing Report

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1d07107

Be safe and good luck!

-Kyle

Offline steely456

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Who goes off the DNR fishing report and actual has success?  Usually by the time you see the report and go the bite has been done for days.  Trust me we used to follow the reports for steelhead runs when I first started out and we were always a day late or a dollar short.  Look at weather patterns, pressure, and time of year off those reports so the following year you can be the one making the reports and not following rumors.
It's easier to catch fish when your not on the computer

Offline rusty go0se

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:23 AM »
Who goes off the DNR fishing report and actual has success?  Usually by the time you see the report and go the bite has been done for days.  Trust me we used to follow the reports for steelhead runs when I first started out and we were always a day late or a dollar short.  Look at weather patterns, pressure, and time of year off those reports so the following year you can be the one making the reports and not following rumors.

I have. Sorry you haven't. Kyle was making the post to help us fellow anglers. I for example would not have known people were fishing the Saginaw river already if I didn't read the report. Thank you kyle
"Anything free is worth saving up for"

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:44 AM »
No problem Rusty. Glad it could help you out. Good luck out there.

-Kyle

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:00 AM »
Heading to the Saginaw River this weekend. Did well down there this fall in the boat

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Heading to the Saginaw River this weekend. Did well down there this fall in the boat

Good luck bud! Been seeing some good pics coming out of there.

-Kyle

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:29 AM »
I always check the report... Mainly because I like to know the ice conditions...  Dnr usually play the safe side so if they say it's safe it is usually good barring you check it on a Wednesday after a warm-up... But every Thursday I give it a look
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline steely456

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2018, 12:34 PM »
Thanks Kyle you the man!!!
It's easier to catch fish when your not on the computer

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:28 AM »
11JAN2018 Weekly Fishing Report

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1d22a48#SELP

Stay safe and good luck to everyone.

-Kyle

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:03 AM »
the dnr website I've found is usually a week behind whats actually happening.If there was a good moon phase last week then the report says great fishing ,then you go out and your a week late !
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2018, 09:07 AM »
the dnr website I've found is usually a week behind whats actually happening.If there was a good moon phase last week then the report says great fishing ,then you go out and your a week late !

Just for general info on how everyone is doing around the state the past week. Take it for what it's worth I suppose.

-Kyle

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2018, 02:12 PM »
yep it's good for ice and the start of the salmon runs
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:01 AM »
I can say that paying attention to what our DNR does and has to say has improved my luck with hunting and fishing.
Last summer I had lots of help from one of their biologists when a family of badgers had taken up residence under one of my barns for about a week. In just a couple days they had 19 HUGE holes all around my yard. The DNR was most helpful and I never had to get out a gun for these animals.

:tipup:
Lobes

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:14 AM »
18JAN2017 Weekly Fishing Report

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1d3dd80#SELP

Stay safe and good luck!

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2018, 07:27 AM »
1FEB2017 Weekly Fishing Report

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1d751f1

Be safe!

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #21 on: Feb 08, 2018, 07:26 AM »
8FEB2017 Weekly Fishing Report

Some good info regarding pressure cracks on certain bodies of water. Stay safe and good luck!

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1d90aaf#SELP

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2018, 07:08 AM »
15FEB2017 Weekly Fishing Report

Heavy snowfall has made things difficult in several parts of the state, but in other areas there has still been plenty of action.
Don’t forget it’s the 2018 Winter Free Fishing Weekend this Saturday and Sunday!

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1dacea1

Good luck everyone!

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #23 on: Feb 22, 2018, 07:12 AM »
22FEB2017 Weekly Fishing Report

Very few updates have come in this week as few anglers were out.  Rain and warm temperatures have many rivers at or above flood stage.  Moving ice may also cause additional flooding.  Anglers should avoid the rivers until water levels recede.  Many inland lakes will no longer be safe.   

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1dcd714#SELP

-Kyle

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #24 on: Mar 01, 2018, 07:58 AM »
1MAR2017 Weekly Fishing Report

Probably the last one for the ice season. Good luck to anyone who still gets out. Be safe out there!

Anglers are reminded that the 2018 fishing licenses go on sale starting March 1! Be sure to pick up a copy of the 2018 Michigan Fishing Guide or download it from Michigan.gov/dnrdigests. 

The best ice fishing locations at this time were in the Upper Peninsula.  Anglers should use caution and check any ice carefully following the rain and warm temperatures.  Those fishing the rivers will need to use caution and watch for floating debris.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/MIDNR/bulletins/1de71b6#NELP

-Kyle

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.