Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Tipups

Wide gap trebles for quick strikes (or single hook)

(1/1)

Rally1148:
Hey all,

I am headed up to Ontario in March and I am tying up some quick strike rigs. I have a bunch of ewg treble hooks (gamakatsu ewg, victory v loc, kvd triple grip) in sizes 2-8 and I was wondering if these wide gap hooks would work for pike? Or should I buy round gap trebles instead?

Just wanting to make sure that when ai get there I don't need to retie everything.

Thanks in advance!

BUCKSKI:

--- Quote from: Rally1148 on Jan 20, 2024, 11:39 AM ---Hey all,

I am headed up to Ontario in March and I am tying up some quick strike rigs. I have a bunch of ewg treble hooks (gamakatsu ewg, victory v loc, kvd triple grip) in sizes 2-8 and I was wondering if these wide gap hooks would work for pike? Or should I buy round gap trebles instead?

Just wanting to make sure that when ai get there I don't need to retie everything.

Thanks in advance!

--- End quote ---

If the hooks work for you @ home, they should work N of the Niagara River. I would be more concerned with following the regulations # of hooks and "special regs". The OPP look friendly, but don't let that fool ya! And yes have some cold blues, poutine and cheese curds ready as an offering :whistle:

Rally1148:

--- Quote from: BUCKSKI on Jan 20, 2024, 12:08 PM ---If the hooks work for you @ home, they should work N of the Niagara River. I would be more concerned with following the regulations # of hooks and "special regs". The OPP look friendly, but don't let that fool ya! And yes have some cold blues, poutine and cheese curds ready as an offering :whistle:

--- End quote ---

I haven't ever used them on tipups. Just my crankbaits during the summer, and I'm mainly getting bass at that time. I didn't know if they would work for bonier mouths like pike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version