Author Topic: RAPALA Slab Rap Trout  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
RAPALA Slab Rap Trout
« on: Jan 08, 2022, 12:32 AM »

RAPALA SLAB RAP Rainbow Trout Ice Fishing.

At times when the usual lures and baits don't work you have to think outside of the box.

My motto is to start big and flashy to attract the fish to your location and then downsize to meet the mood of the fish.

It really is odd when this occurs, but some days the fish actually only come into and bite a more aggressive larger presentation.

I love using flash spoons, but swim jigs and vertical jigging swimbaits like the Rapala Slab Rab and Rippin Rap can be phenomenal producers. In the video I wasn't having very good luck landing the fish, but I was able to hook up with several on this bait. The smallest size do have very light trebles and the large trout are sometimes too much for them and straighten the hooks. So consider upsizing your treble. But for optimal action the original trebles are best.

I hope you guys and gals enjoy the video. If you have any further questions please ask in the comments below.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: RAPALA Slab Rap Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2022, 09:30 PM »
Nice one Brandon! I was out for Kokes today but your vid’s giving me the itch to get out for rainbows again. I’ve got a couple slab raps, might have to try them a little more often… usually go the slender spoon route when they want something more aggressive.
Cheers.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2022, 12:41 AM »
Nice one Brandon! I was out for Kokes today but your vid’s giving me the itch to get out for rainbows again. I’ve got a couple slab raps, might have to try them a little more often… usually go the slender spoon route when they want something more aggressive.
Cheers.

Yeah it is hard to beat the slender spoons but once in a while the flash is too much for them and I find these hard baits do the trick.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Walks on Water

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2022, 07:33 AM »
Whenever I see your name on a post, Brandon, I am reminded of a vid you shared many years back. Your brother was getting pulled behind the boat and the inflatable he was gripping flew 30 feet up in the air. Still amazes me that he was okay(IIRC).

Happy New Year and thanks for sharing.

Offline the force

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2022, 11:44 AM »
Yeah it is hard to beat the slender spoons but once in a while the flash is too much for them and I find these hard baits do the trick.

Yeah that was the case last Saturday, none on the slender, one lost on the hard bait and a couple fatties which didn’t hesitate for the finesse presentation (jig)…

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.