The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Disrespect in the forrum  (Read 932 times)

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
Disrespect in the forrum
« on: Dec 27, 2014, 12:43 AM »
My new topic about all my ice gear being stolen was locked.

I feel this is due to the people trashing out of state sportsman.  I find it disturbing that we feel the need to engage in such elementary behavior.  I felt that this was a great resource to utilize when all my stuff was stolen.  A few people turned the thread into a bash Michigan thread, and it was locked.  If someone had information or a lead they can no longer utilize the thread to let me know any information.

Thanks

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Disrespect in the forrum
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2014, 12:56 AM »
AGREED! !!!! Most certainly not in the spirit or intent of this forum.  A fun forum to share a fun activity.and shsre ideas to help each other. Good luck

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2014, 01:03 AM »
great point....keep the thread open so we can have the possibility of getting your gear back.....people who steal gear that others use to hunt and fish are the lowest of low.....maybe they are punk kids and your gear is in some basement..and it will turn up...nice post clam...the fact that the original post went from man in need...... to empathy by others to a bash against out of staters??? is quite disheartening....I have said it before and I will say it again.. ice fisherman/woman are some of the kindest most helpful people you will ever meet......if I saw ya on the ice clam.. i'd chat you up...and buy you lunch at the local spoon....there's more to life than the material.....I am confident you will still be icin the fish no matter what....truly hope you get your gear back......

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2014, 01:19 AM »
A request to bring it back is with the MODS and may they show some compassion and common sense. 

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2014, 03:20 AM »
I unlocked it with a few deletions. If it remains civil and it'll stay.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2014, 07:51 AM »
Thanks RG:)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2014, 07:58 AM »
you can always count on rg. class act right there.

Offline ClamGuide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2014, 02:54 PM »
Thank you so much.

Offline Gundy7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:36 PM »
I am a memebr of a fishing forum called ifish.net.  It was a great resource I used while I lived in Portland but it was so full of bashing and rude posts.  I never felt comfortable posting anything there and when I did there was backlash.  A kid would post a picture of a fish and then someone would make a coment about how he/she was holding it ( hand in gills, out of water, not a fish friendly net) or how he/she was revealing a good spot.  I posted a report once and got 4 pm's about asking me not to share information.  I guess I didn't understand the site.  I found this forum and hope it's a little bit better.  Of course not every post or thread was negative but it happened a lot.  I hope this is a place where we can share information about a sport we all love and obviously enjoy.
Hope you get your stuff back.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.