Author Topic: Slow day on Stillwater  (Read 1829 times)

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
Slow day on Stillwater
« on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Fished Stillwater yesterday....4.5 hours....3 pickerel.

Only my second time there. First outing was no better.

Can't tell if I just haven't found a "sweet spot" there yet or if this is typical Stillwater.

It "looks like" a nice place to fish.

Reminds me of that old saying...You can't judge a book by its (ice) cover.  ;D

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Slow day on Stillwater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2020, 11:46 AM »
Fished Stillwater yesterday....4.5 hours....3 pickerel.

Only my second time there. First outing was no better.

Can't tell if I just haven't found a "sweet spot" there yet or if this is typical Stillwater.

It "looks like" a nice place to fish. :tipup:

Agreed, I have never fished there but almost have, judging by the maps it looks like there are some nice deep water features to fish. And there was that guy last year with a giant LMB he caught there.

Offline MJD3561

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:08 PM »
I have fished it a couple of times the past 2 years.
Best action was down by the dam. Tons of flags on bass all day, with a couple of trout.
Also jigged up some huge golden shiners.

Offline Patb41982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Agreed, I have never fished there but almost have, judging by the maps it looks like there are some nice deep water features to fish. And there was that guy last year with a giant LMB he caught there.

that's right Nate. I am that guy with the huge 8.1lbs bass there last year. I did hear that the place got bombed last year after my posting. lesson learned I will never do that again.
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:25 PM »
that's right Nate. I am that guy with the huge 8.1lbs bass there last year. I did hear that the place got bombed last year after my posting. lesson learned I will never do that again.
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Sorry to bring it up again lol, I figured since op didn't do well I could mention it and the dummies wouldn't flock.

Also congrats on that fish man, once in a lifetime maybe, and on a freakin jig rod that is just insane. I can't break 7.2 in open water let alone on the ice.

Offline Patb41982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Sorry to bring it up again lol, I figured since op didn't do well I could mention it and the dummies wouldn't flock.

Also congrats on that fish man, once in a lifetime maybe, and on a freakin jig rod that is just insane. I can't break 7.2 in open water let alone on the ice.

LOL no Biggie Nate like i said the place is pretty much overhauled now anyways and that's just my fault for opening my big mouth. I get bass bigger than 8lbs in CT anyway so no sweat but will not post pictures anymore lol. my PB in LMB is 11.12lbs in CT not of the ice.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:38 PM »
LOL no Biggie Nate like i said the place is pretty much overhauled now anyways and that's just my fault for opening my big mouth. I get bass bigger than 8lbs in CT anyway so no sweat but will not post pictures anymore lol. my PB in LMB is 11.12lbs in CT not of the ice.

We gotta see the pic of a beast like that! Just blurr out the background

Offline Patb41982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2020, 12:41 PM »
LOL no way bad enough i think people will be stocking me hahaha for writing 11.12lbs in CT which is still not the record for ct but close enough.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2020, 01:44 PM »
LOL no way bad enough i think people will be stocking me hahaha for writing 11.12lbs in CT which is still not the record for ct but close enough.

Pics or it didn't happen  :o
westernmas on the finder

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2020, 02:00 PM »

Offline Patb41982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:32 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen  :o

These pictures were taken on the lake on the boat where you can clearly see the surroundings around me. it those not take a genius to figure out where I was, there for NO PICTURES!!!! But nice try lol

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Hmmmm
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2020, 08:28 PM »

Glad you mentioned that.  Posting big fish and location can motivate the masses to fish that spot.

Offline Hammertime-IceCube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Danbury Fish & Game Association
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:39 PM »
Blah de blah .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.