Author Topic: 2020 License issue  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
2020 License issue
« on: Dec 24, 2019, 11:41 AM »
So the state change the format of the license again. It prints out a full page. Tried reducing it to 35% so it would fit in my pocket, but it was illegible. Went to 50 percent and it is a bit better folded up with the endorsements on the back.
Question is, What is everyone else doing.

Offline Muggsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2020 License issue
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2019, 12:31 PM »
I simply folded it as much as needed so the number was front and center and called it good. I figure is they can see the number and the year that's good enough.
Maybe someday I'll think of something clever to write here...but I doubt it.

Offline woodstock60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2019, 07:44 PM »
Same problem, my plan is to print it out, then scan it in as a pic then resize

Offline popcorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2019, 06:55 AM »
The state said this is the new template. The old machines that printed the license at a cost of $3000 are no good anymore. I think the state should rethink this and go back to last years system. Kind of hard to fit 2 81/2x 11 sheets of paper into a pouch that is 4x31/2.The old licenses for years used to be1 piece of paper 2inches by 3 inches.

Offline raffi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2019, 09:38 AM »
I keep mine in the truck and a photo on my phone game warden had no problem with it.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Ended up setting the printer to portrait and resizing to 50%. Folded in half. The fold is on DEEP phone numbers. Works out to 2 1/2 X 3 3/4 and should fit in the luggage tags on Amazon to seal them.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q0YD28/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2019, 11:16 AM »
This is disappointing, another fail by state government. They demand that we have a license with us, so where is the most likely place to keep it? For me, in the wallet. Now it's too big to fit, the last few years I was able to trim it down so it could go in with only two folds. I have access to good printers and copiers so I can manipulate the size, but this is a hassle imposed by DEEP. Nobody up there uses their brain. Humbug on them I say!

I agree, take a picture on the phone, it seems to be acceptable.

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2019, 09:00 AM »
Lmao!! good im not the only one. thought it was me, i noticed that it was full sheet and tried to re-size it too. ended up with full sheet folded to as small as i could get it to fit in wallet

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Everyone's getting old and they just can't read it

Offline Fishcicle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Has anyone saved the document to their phone and just used that in place of the paper license?  Any feedback from the game wardens?  You would think that in today’s electronic world this would be acceptable.

Offline Phishing.Hacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Has anyone saved the document to their phone and just used that in place of the paper license?  Any feedback from the game wardens?  You would think that in today’s electronic world this would be acceptable.

The Massachusetts EPO's are fine with a .PDF on a phone.

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2019, 07:54 AM »
I’ve been keeping my fishing license in a saved document on my iPhone for years it acceptable as long as you sign it. Just screenshot it, “edit “ & sign and save it and you’re good. I have had several DEEP officers in the past except it.
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
“A spudbar is your best friend.”

Offline Fishcicle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:32 AM »
great to know about the signed PDF.  Thanks for the info.

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Happy new year everybody...bigger license is so you think the state gave ya more for the money

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Happy new year everybody...bigger license is so you think the state gave ya more for the money
But we really know better. Connectitax.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Fun fact:
Massachusetts out of state inland fishing license for the year: $37.50
Connecticut all waters fishing license for residents, with trout stamp: $37.00.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2020, 07:12 PM »
Ahh, forgot to mention that a CT saltwater fishing permit is valid for saltwater fishing in Mass and R.I.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2020, 08:42 AM »
Anyone honestly see any improvements with the fishery since the trout stamp fee has been introduced? I realize it’s only been 2 years or so and it takes time to see results in any project improvement. Thoughts?

Offline Jeffsor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 04, 2020, 11:56 AM »
i talked with a conservation officer at northwest sporting goods in winsted yesterday and he said no issue taking a picture of the signed license   just a fyi

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2020, 02:02 PM »
Anyone honestly see any improvements with the fishery since the trout stamp fee has been introduced? I realize it’s only been 2 years or so and it takes time to see results in any project improvement. Thoughts?

Yes and No.  They had more public meetings on the subject this year than any other year I can remember so it seems they are doing more work in that area.  Actual improvements are really an eye of the beholder thing.  If they'd continue the survivor strain program and stop stocking the Farmington with pellet heads that'd be great.

An example from my email:
"Dear Trout/Salmon fishing enthusiast:

Thank you for your purchase of a trout and salmon stamp in 2018, 2019, or both years.  100% of your investment comes to the Bureau of Natural Resources to support the programs you are passionate about.

The Fisheries Division is in the process of developing an action plan for trout and salmon fishing for the next 5 years and as such we would like to know your preferences and desires (related to trout and salmon fishing).  Throughout October we held a series of public discussions across CT.  At each we had excellent conversation about CT’s trout and salmon programs.  If you were not able to attend and have some time tonight, join us TODAY at 6:00 pm from your computer or mobile device.  Please register using this link..."

There have been sending me a ton of surveys all of which I have responded to.  Id recommend more do the same if you want to see specific items tackled.  I mentioned my gripe above.

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 05, 2020, 08:02 AM »
Thanks for the info Lowaccord, I agree. I didn’t realize they stopped the survivor strain program. That’s a big loss for the Farmington river and people like me who love to fish it. Hopefully that project comes back, as well as the seaforellen program. Honestly I hope the state takes the input from the public seriously and reconsiders.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 05, 2020, 08:54 AM »
To be clear they didnt stop it at all.  My suggestion was they discontinue stocking hatchery raised trout in the Farmington.  50% of the browns are wild already why make them compete with stockies?

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #22 on: Jan 05, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Thanks for the info Lowaccord, I agree. I didn’t realize they stopped the survivor strain program. That’s a big loss for the Farmington river and people like me who love to fish it. Hopefully that project comes back, as well as the seaforellen program. Honestly I hope the state takes the input from the public seriously and reconsiders.
Don’t play in the foam. It’s not good.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline BDailey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 05, 2020, 08:00 PM »
My misunderstanding, I imagine all the pellet heads are intended for the put and take sections for people who want to keep fish. If the state made the Farmington completely C&R & stopped  stocking pellet heads all together I’d be for it.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2020, 08:07 AM »
They are stocked in all sections of the river, not only by the state but by private orgs like Trout Unlimited and even the MDC.

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2020, 11:44 AM »
So the state change the format of the license again. It prints out a full page. Tried reducing it to 35% so it would fit in my pocket, but it was illegible. Went to 50 percent and it is a bit better folded up with the endorsements on the back.
Question is, What is everyone else doing.

There is plenty of  "screen clipping" software on the web free to download.

Then just paste into a word doc. and make the license image any size you want for printing. Crystal clear. Easy.  :tipup:

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2020, 07:59 PM »
I keep all my licenses on my phone

I've been checked in a 3 different states, either ice, fresh or salt water fishing.

I have never ever been hassled about not having a printed license.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Velcro

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The jigging snowflake
« Reply #27 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:20 PM »
I put my license on my phone but I just got back from the library to print it (My printer ran dry on me >:() I thought it looked even more awkward than usual. I have is folded in my wallet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.