Author Topic: vexilar fl12  (Read 1942 times)

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vexilar fl12
« on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:07 PM »
Hey i just picked up my first flasher i got a vexilar fl12 propack anyone here have one just wondering if its easy enough to figure out the first time fishing and if they really make that much of a difference when fishing i was never a big jigger but if this makes it easier ill take it.Im gonna try it out in portland cove in the am.

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: vexilar fl12
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:50 AM »
Well bud welcome to the world of Flashers!

I have had a Vex FL-18 for the past 2 seasons and I will tell you what.....I can't imagine ice fishing without it!

I have been a WAY more productive ice-fisherman since I have started using my FL-18. I easily out fish my partners when we fish together....so much so that they have all used it and love it....a few have already acquired them for this season.

As far as ease of use.....piece of cake...watch the DVD that came with the unit and I guarantee after 2 times out...you will have it all figured out. My buddies all get a quick 2 minute lesson and they are catching fish within minutes.

If you have any questions, please ask, I will try an answer them....I am by no means an expert on the subject but there are a TON of good ice fisherman here who are very familiar with these units and I'm sure they can add some good advice.

Have fun and maybe I'll see you out there......soon! DD
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:08 PM »
ya i fished with it all day today but couldnt locate any fish maybe im just limited to were i can go i was only fishing in about 10 to 11 feet of water but alot of the ice is not safe yet on pocotopaug managed 11 yellows and one eye about 11 inches a catfish and lost a good walleye about 21 inches thanks for the help ill let you know if i have any questions.Does it work better in deep water?

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2007, 01:04 AM »
I picked up the FL-12 last year. I LOVE it !!
Nothing like seeing a fish come up to hit your jig !!!!!
You can really eliminate unproductive water very quickly.
I'm still a newbie.... but loving the learning curve.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.