Author Topic: Tracks in slush!  (Read 3114 times)

Offline getnjiggywithit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tracks in slush!
« on: Feb 07, 2011, 09:22 PM »
I went out last weekend to a little trout lake and the slush was bad in some spots, but my tatou4s equiped grizzly just plowed right through! Here is a little video for ya  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbg7UtwEkc4

Offline Brute Force

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Tracks in slush!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2011, 01:44 PM »
This is what I encountered late season last year. This mackinaw lake is @ 10,700' in elevation.

This was thirty feet out in front of the boat ramp. Thank God it was not out in the center of the lake because extraction would have been much harder. There was still over three feet of ice under the slush. Needless to say we didnt do any fishing.
Be careful!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2011, 02:07 PM »
Neat idea ~ ice fishing waders.

Did you hydrolic your engine?

Offline Brute Force

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2011, 02:27 PM »
The quad sat in the water for two days before I could round up the boys and help dig/winch out.
To my suprise the only water infiltration was in the rear diff. Six oil chages later we fianally had it flushed out.
My father in-law and I learned a lesson that day, do not to go in the backcountry with only one mode of transportation.
I now have a snowmobile to ride along with this heavy a$$ tank.

Offline Keptafew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:55 PM »
Wow, you just never really know whats under that snow... twenty yards further and it may have been only 4 inches of slush.
A man should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing

Offline Lifeguard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2011, 02:14 PM »
This is what I encountered late season last year. This mackinaw lake is @ 10,700' in elevation.
(Image removed from quote.)

This was thirty feet out in front of the boat ramp. Thank God it was not out in the center of the lake because extraction would have been much harder. There was still over three feet of ice under the slush. Needless to say we didnt do any fishing.
Be careful!

Man my back hurts just looking at that.  Glad to here to here that both you and the quad survived without any major issues.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.