Author Topic: Any ice?  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any ice?
« on: Oct 12, 2013, 11:38 PM »
My dogs walked out onto a small lake in Inuvik this morning.. It cracked a little but it held them. I wouldn't let them off the leash as they would have been swimming for sure..  A couple of the smaller lakes are froze up as well... It won't be long now!!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Any ice?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Ponds and potholes were froze yesterday morning, but pretty much thawed by this afternoon.
That's OK though as I'll probably get another weekend of open water fishing in next weekend. :D

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2013, 01:52 AM »
Hey. You still in inuvik? Or wha ti? I got 2 coney on mon out at campbell crk. Delta is good and stiff now. Chipped thru 10" on the river in front of boot lake today. You do any whitefish fishing here? I havent figured them out yet but ive done well with everything else. Renting a skidoo this weekend to head out for some burbot and lake trout (sold my sled and waiting delivery of the new one). Will also try whites again. Let me know if youre in inuvik still and maybe we can meet up

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:41 PM »
Phill is still there EB.
He is an RCMP officer and was just posted to Inuvik this year.
Maybe if you run around town naked screaming at the top of your lungs you will find him.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2013, 05:16 PM »
Apparently you can't rent a damn skidoo in this town anymore. I'm stranded!

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2013, 01:30 AM »
I haven't had a chance to chase any fish yet.  My first winter in Inuvik so I'm slowly finding spots to fish and where to go.  I will be chasing the whitefish once I can find out where they are hiding.  Looking forward to hitting the ice hard this year for sure!!!  Whitefish are one of the most teadious fish to chase,  I love fishing for them but they can be buggers at times.  When they are biting hard it's the best action on ice!! 

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2013, 02:15 AM »
Right now is the best action of the year for sure. I managed to borrow my buddys sled so im heading out in the morning after all, into the delta for burbot and coney. The delta takes forever to get to know, its just huge. After december the delta ice is too thick to really spend much time on. A few lakes just north of town have good populations of whitefish, im going to head north on sunday with the vex and see what i can do. Icefishing here is totally different from anywhere else ive been. Make sure to grab a couple jiggling sticks from danny c at the craft fair in a couple weeks. Seems ljke a crazy way to fish but man does it work. Shoot me a msg if you want to team up.

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2013, 10:13 AM »
Doing ok up here, but it's been slow. About 2ft of ice now. If I go again next weekend I'll bring the gas auger! But it's getting too dark now, not much daylight during the day and I don't have a shack to hole up in yet.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Nice burby!!!  ;D
You definitely need a hut and a heater.   ;)2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Nice pictures.

WS

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2013, 02:35 PM »
Hibernating now until mid Jan. Here's a little bit from last season ;D 18" extension. I had to go another 2" after I took the first pic. Thickest I've seen yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.