The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Warm temps  (Read 1889 times)

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Warm temps
« on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:08 PM »
The 10 day forecast is not favorable for many parts of Wyoming for making more ice! Saw that temps might be in the low 50's near the end of this forecast and in the 40's on the other days! However, I'll be enjoying some nice ice fishing temps beginning on Feb. 5 when I'll be visiting my family in Michigan. Hopefully I'll be on the ice for a couple of trips.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Warm temps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2018, 03:01 PM »
At this point I'm just hoping it all goes quick lol. Get that soft crap off the water and I'll be fine from my boat!

Hopefully Michigan is treating you well!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2018, 08:48 PM »
Hold your tongues... Its supposed to be 9 degrees F here in the morning and mostly well below freezing at night until the weekend with more snow on its way. Next week looks to be warmer during the day but nights still freezing. Its only the first week in February, I'm ice fishing...

Not only that the 4 major places I've fished have 12-16 inches of solid ice, why give up so early?   

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2018, 10:34 PM »
I'm with you Houligan way give we still have some good ice left. this is WYO it's not going to stay this warm.

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2018, 12:01 AM »
Let me look for fish with a graph that drives around and I don't have to bore through 14" of ice to find a fish.  ::)
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Go to Florida. ;D

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:54 PM »
Naa, Alcova is open good walleye, kokanee, and small trout.  Its time to pull the cover off and spring clean and do checks. Open water is close. Maybe really close. Funky winter.
No one left behind.     

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2018, 09:30 PM »
Really? There is still at least a month of ice fishing left. And for the "southern" boyz... it sure is a lot closer to drive two hours north for good ice then it is to complain about it then go all the way to Michigan. Funny, some of the same people back in September were saying they can't wait for the ice to get here then its here and now they give up. Ah poor little kittens, is it too cold for you? :)

Headed out in the morning. Hope your arses don't get pimples from the couch... ;D

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2018, 04:45 AM »
Could use a little warm weather here -11 Hopefully the temps will head south for the southern part of the state and extend the ice season.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Really? There is still at least a month of ice fishing left. And for the "southern" boyz... it sure is a lot closer to drive two hours north for good ice then it is to complain about it then go all the way to Michigan. Funny, some of the same people back in September were saying they can't wait for the ice to get here then its here and now they give up. Ah poor little kittens, is it too cold for you? :)

Headed out in the morning. Hope your arses don't get pimples from the couch... ;D
I was still ice fishing in Wyoming before going to Michigan. Was out on the Gorge for two days before I left enjoying the gale-force winds! I make two trips back to Michigan every year to visit my family and the winter trip is primarily for seeing my mom and rest of family. Ice fishing is only secondary if I have an opportunity. However, I did make it out once so far for some panfish. Lots of snow here; it has snowed 4 out of 6 days I have been here. Lot more snow shoveling than fishing, that's for sure! Lol. No wind at least!

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2018, 11:31 PM »
Just giving everyone a hard time, that's all.  ;D Glad you get to visit family.

Offline bsrkoacar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:05 PM »
I'm still fishing on over a foot of hard, clear ice. Least I've seen over the last couple months is 10 inches.

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2018, 09:54 AM »
Still ten below this morning at 8:45 AM. Went out to start the diesel pickup. Started right up without being plugged in. That's a good thing, the bad is the lil "HonDaka" (AKA: Honda CR-V ice fishing rig) won't start yet. So, are we done with the "wah, the season is over" talk? Willing to bet the next holes I drill will be in the 20 inch plus range of hard ice or at the very least 18-19 inches minimum. Good luck being out on your boats... ;D ::)

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Now if Alcova would freeze up!!!! ;D
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Hope to make it out somewhere on Thursday and Friday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.